How to Restart the Print Spooler in Wnidows 8 (27756 Views)
Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 1 of 5 (27,756 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to Restart the Print Spooler in Wnidows 8

The Print Spooler is a service that is built into most Windows Operating systems. Its job is to help order print jobs and to interact with the printer. Problems with the Print Spooler include print jobs getting stuck in the queue.

Sometimes the Print Spooler stops working or has had an error occur. The following video shows how to Restart the Print Spooler service in Windows 8.

For similar problems with printing try the HP Print and Scan Doctor. It is a diagnostic utility that can sometimes find and resolve problems with printing. Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 2 of 5 (27,755 Views)

Re: How to Restart the Print Spooler in Wnidows 8

I hope this helps someone that is having problems with their Print Spooler or who needs to restart it. If anyone has a problem restarting the Print Spooler let me know and include your computer model number and whether you are using 32bit or 64bit Windows 8.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

Honor Student
J-Train
Message 3 of 5 (27,665 Views)

Error 1053: the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

This is so frustrating! So many "fixes" are on the internet, but none seems to work.  I can't install my printer because I get the message, "Windows can't open Add Printer.  The local print spooler service is not running.  Please restart the spooler or restart the machine."  Restarting the machine didn't work.  I tried to restart the computer by going through:  Start, right click Computer, Manage, Services and Applications, Serviced, click Print Spooler, select restart.  I get the message, "Error 1053:  the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."   I realize this is a Microsoft problem, not an HP problem, because I had the same problem earler on a Lexmark (which I have dumped).

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 4 of 5 (27,641 Views)

How to Restart the Print Spooler in Wnidows 8

Hello J-Train

Try following the suggestion of auggy on the Microsoft Answer's site if you haven't already. He suggests running the system file checker on your computer as the Print Spooler may have become corrupt. It fixed a user having what seems to be the same or similar problem.
error message: "Windows cant add printer. The local print spooler service is not running. Please res...
He links to the sevenforums post: SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker.

Also what operating system are you using and what printer model?

Student
Sandra951
Message 5 of 5 (11,738 Views)

Re: How to Restart the Print Spooler in Wnidows 8

quero ativar o print spooler

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation