Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Buen día, me pueden apoyar cuando enciendo la impresora HP LaserJet 500 M551 manda el siguiente error 98.01.01 y no se a que hace referencia.

Saludos.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Jose,

We would like to encourage that this discussion should be continued in English language as this forums is a English construct-based communities as per the rules of participation (Rules(9) *see below for the url). Your post in English format will definitely help your other fellow participants to well-understand the issues and help you out regarding this.
* /t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage
HP Forums also supports few other languages for the same where you can select the language option located at the top right side of the EBC main page.

HP Recommended

Good day, I can support when I start an HP LaserJet 500 color M551, sends me the following error 98.01.01 and not referred to this code.

Greetings.

HP Recommended

98.01.01 seems to be a formatter issue.  You might need to have this component replaced.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Hi Jose,

I would suggest you to perform a partial clean step and then perform the Firmware udpate thruogh USB thumbdrive(ensure the USB drive is Formatter and it is of 8Gb or below) and then load the Firmware(.bdl file) on to USB.

1. Turn the product on.
2. When the Ready, Data, and Attention LEDs are illuminated solid, press the Stop button.
3. Press the Down arrow button to highlight Administration, and then press the OK button.
4. Press the Down arrow button to highlight Partial Clean, and then press the OK button.
5. Press the OK button again.
6. Press the back arrow button to highlight Continue, and then press the OK button.

To update the Firmware, please refer to below Steps.

1. Copy the xxxxxxx.bdl file to a portable USB flash memory storage device (thumb drive).
2. Turn the product on.
3. Press the Stop button when the Ready, Data and Attention LEDs illuminate solid.
4. Press the Down arrow button to highlight Administrator, and then press the OK button.
5. Press the Down arrow button to highlight Download, and then press the OK button.
6. Insert the portable USB storage device with the xxxxxxx.bdl file on it.
NOTE: If the error message No USB Thumbdrive Files Found appears on the control-panel display, you might need to connect the storage device to the external USB connection on the formatter or try using a different portable storage device.
7. Press the Down arrow button to highlight USB Thumb Drive, and then press the OK button.
8. Press the Down arrow button to highlight thexxxxxxx.bdl file, and then press the OK button.
NOTE: The upgrade process can take up to 10 minutes to complete.
TIP: If there is more than one xxxxxxx.bdl file on the storage device, make sure that you select the correct file for this product.
9. When the message Complete appears on the control-panel display, press the back arrow button 3 times.
10. When the message Continue appears on the control-panel display, press the OK button. The product will initialize.
11. When the upgrade process is complete, print a configuration page and verify that the upgrade firmware version was installed.

If the issue still persist, I would suggest to replace both the Formatter and HDD/SSD.

Thank you! I am an HP employee.

Please click the "Thumbs up" icon below to thank or click “Accept as Solution” . if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Hello Jose,

perform a Partial Clean

Turn the printer ON .

Press the HP logo that displays in the middle of the screen when you see the “1/8” under the logo.

Press the Down arrow button to highlight Administrator , and then press the OK button.

Press the Down arrow button to highlight Partial Clean , and then press the OK button.

Press the OK button again.

Press the Back button once to highlight Continue , and then press the OK button.

The printer will continue to boot to Ready .

If the issue still persist, I would suggest to replace only HDD and download the firmware and upgrade from usb

I am working in HP

HP Recommended

Hello Jose,

If the printer powers up to the 98.01.01 or "unknown error" and cannot be cleared with a power cycle, perform the following steps.

1.            Perform "format disk" ,while performing format disk the printer setting and data stored  will be lost.

Procedure to perform Format disk

a.Turn the product on.

b. When the Ready, Data, and Attention LEDs are illuminated solid, press the Stop button.

c. Press the Down arrow button to highlight Administration, and then press the OK button.

d. Press the Down arrow button to highlight Format Disk, and then press the OK button.

e. Press the OK button again.

NOTE: When the Format  Disk operation is complete, you will need to reload the Firmware

2.            Reload firmware using the printer preboot menu.  If the error clears and printer boots successfully, continue using the printer as normally

3.            If error reoccurs a second time, replace the SSD.

Regards

Reuben               

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please perform a Partial clean to reload the firmware.

The following are the steps to perform a partial clean:

Turn the product on.

When the Ready, Data, and Attention LEDs are illuminated solid, press the Stop button.

Press the Down arrow button to highlight Administration, and then press the OK button.

Press the Down arrow button to highlight Partial Clean, and then press the OK button.

Press the OK button again.

Press the back arrow button to highlight Continue, and then press the OK button.

If the issue persists. Try performing a clean disk and then upgrade the frimware.

Regards,

I am an HP employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.