Question

Top Student
Canuhelp
Message 1 of 4 (2,148 Views)

Hp Officejet 6500A Plus black ink problem

Hp Officejet 6500A Plus prints colors except black. Have tried aligning & cleaning printhead. When aligning I get error message "alignment failed." happens every time I install new black cartridge. Have returned several cartridges to staples but same thing happens all the time.
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 4 (2,142 Views)

Re: Hp Officejet 6500A Plus black ink problem

The troubleshooting steps in this document may resolve the issue.   If not the suggestion in this post may help.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Top Student
Canuhelp
Message 3 of 4 (2,138 Views)

I am printing from my IPad. I looked at this document already & tried some of the suggestions. I pulled out the printhead & saw that it was caked with black ink I cleaned it with a Q-tip but it is still not working. Any other suggestions. I see that there R a lot of complaints about ink. Has this been a problem with the e-print All-In-One series?
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 4 (2,134 Views)

Canuhelp wrote:
I am printing from my IPad. I looked at this document already & tried some of the suggestions. I pulled out the printhead & saw that it was caked with black ink I cleaned it with a Q-tip but it is still not working. Any other suggestions. I see that there R a lot of complaints about ink. Has this been a problem with the e-print All-In-One series?

As I said two hours ago:  The troubleshooting steps in this document may resolve the issue.   If not the suggestion in this post may help.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation