Question

Honor Student
gpappy
Message 1 of 4 (955 Views)

Hp officejet 6500A plus all in one does not print in black

Did the hot water clean, nothing. Changed to a brand new black in cartidge.. nada

will not even print from the reports (built into the printer)

Done multiple nozzle cleanings I get some color (color cartidges are low but still have ink in them)

I have installed and uninstalled the drivers from HP (tried both the A and the N version) still will not print in black

Its win 7 64 bit, but as I said, it will not print in black even from inside the machine (i.e. any of the reports).

COmputer sees it fine.

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 2 of 4 (929 Views)

Re: Hp officejet 6500A plus all in one does not print in black

Sorry that you are having a problem with black not printing. 

Since you have already changed the cartridge, it may be the print head that is clogged or gone bad. 

Take the print head out and clean the bottom with lint free cloth and water. (Lift the latch to the right of the cartridges, and take the basket area out). 

Here is a link that may help also, even though, you may have already performed these steps. 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02455482&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc...

Uninstalling and re-installing will not help the issue, because you can't even get black printing on a self-test page. So we want to get the test page printing in black first. 

Let me know if this helps. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Honor Student
gpappy
Message 3 of 4 (919 Views)

Cleaned the head but didn't work
I've read other posts where replacing the print head doesn't fix the issue either so not sure if I want to spend 50 or maybe just get a new printer

But if there is anything else to try. Let me know

Thanks for the help so far
Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 4 of 4 (903 Views)

Yes, replacing the print head should resolve the issue. The print head may be too clogged or has gone bad and cannot print the black ink. 

If you were to get a print head, and 2 months down the line, it happens again, then it would be the printer that needs replacing. 

For information, you can contact HP Support (1800-474-6836). If you were to get a print head, you would be under warranty, and it goes out, it could get replaced. 

Hope this helps. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation