Question

Student
awrabalais
Message 1 of 6 (299 Views)

I bought an HP Officejet 8600 - the printer states "paper mismatch" - please correct? what do i do?

I have not changed the paper size at all  - nor have i changed an setting in my printing documents....I have uninstalled the printer and re-installed it without success..

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 2 of 6 (295 Views)

Re: I bought an HP Officejet 8600 - the printer states "paper mismatch" - please correct?

Have you checked the paper size in the print driver?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
If my answer was helpful click the “Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks”!
I am not a HP employee.
Honor Student
jbHAP
Message 3 of 6 (291 Views)

Re: I bought an HP Officejet 8600 - the printer states "paper mismatch" - please correct?

I'm also having the same "paper mismatch" issue with the Officejet 8600. I've checked all settings and it reads "Letter" which is what I want. I've also cleaned the printheads and checked alignment but the alignment fails everytime because of the error stated above.

Please help!

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 4 of 6 (284 Views)

jbHAP, is your warranty still valid?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am not a HP employee.
Honor Student
jbHAP
Message 5 of 6 (283 Views)

Yes- the printer was purchase 2 months ago. Do you think I should take it in and replace it?

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 6 of 6 (281 Views)

jbHAP, contact HP support at http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/chat.html.

I am not a HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation