02-25-2014 04:50 PM
My computer (which is wirelessly connected to my printer) can PRINT to the printer but can't SCAN from it.
It says "scanner communication cannot be established..." etc. etc.
I recently moved and I notice that my Laserjet CM1415fnw still shows the IP address of my last apartment. Perhaps I need to completely reset my printer to factory settings (and get rid of the old IP address)?
I really need to scan some stuff. Please help. Thanks.
P.S> This thread has been moved from Laserjet to Multifunction and All-in-One. - Hp Forum Moderator
02-26-2014 12:07 PM
You need to Cold Reset your 1415 to reset the networking information. Once you are reset then allow the printer to establish new network information and re-run the network installation from the Full Software Solution.
HP LaserJet CM1415 Cold Reset:
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series