Question

Student
rab27
Message 1 of 2 (75 Views)
Accepted Solution

I've cleaned the printheads but the printed letters are still coming up pale gray.

I have a HP Photosmart eStation All in One Printer-C510a.  When I print the works are very pale.  I've changed the ink cartrideges and cleaned the print heads.  Still very pale.  Any ideas what to do next?

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 2 of 2 (44 Views)

Re: I've cleaned the printheads but the printed letters are still coming up pale gray.

Hi rab27,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! :smileyhappy: I understand that when you print to your HP Photosmart eStation C510 the output is very pale, you have attempted to clean the printheads and change the cartridges with no success. To better assist you, what is the current Operating system you are using, Windows or Mac and which version?

I would like you to make sure, you are able to make a copy. Can you make a black copy with no problems?

Now let's make sure you do not have the printer set up to print in greyscale only. Please follow the steps listed below:

1. Go to your Start Menu

2. Select Devices and Printers

3. Right click on your C510 and scroll to Printing preferences

4. Click on the Advanced option

5. Under the Printer Features section, please make sure this is not set to Print in Grayscale

Now let's go ahead and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor- It was designed by HP to provide users with the troubleshooting and problem solving features needed to resolve many common problems experienced with HP print and scan products connected to Windows-based computers.

If you have changed the printing preferences, ran the HP PSDR with no success, please continue here: Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome.

Thanks,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation