HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
02-23-2012 02:23 AM
I have tried several so-called fixes for this problem to no avail. Using a Dell laptop, HP laserjet 1020, IE9 on a Vista 32-bit OS. Driver scanner says the printer driver is up-to-date, checking the script debugging options on the advanced tab of internet options did no good. I can only print when I copy stuff to a word document and some things just do no copy correctly or are too large for the clipboard. I'm at a loss as to what to do next. I uninstalled the smart web printing program and installed instead the HP smart print in the command line, but this had no effect on being able to print a web page. This happened with Firefox also when updated to version 10.0.20. HELP needed fast.
02-27-2012 05:50 AM
Try printing from google chrome, and let me know if you have the same issue?
Do you have any problems printing from applications installed on the computer?
*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.*
07-11-2012 09:00 AM
The following worked for me...
error printing in ie9, Windows 7
06-15-2012 07:08 PM - last edited on 06-15-2012 07:17 PM
The issue is caused when Windows creates the printer profile in the control panel that it doesn't correctly create it with the drivers.
We're not going to completely uninstall all the HP software, instead we're going to remove the corrupt Windows printer profile and reinstall it. Total time for this on an average computer is about 5-10 minutes to completely repair (including reboot).
1) Navigate to Start Menu > Devices and Printers or Start Menu > Control Panel > Printers
2) Select each printer profile for the printer with an issue, then select remove device/printer.
4) Navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > HP > insert model # here > Add Printer (or Setup Wizard)
5) Follow the setup prompts to reinstall the printer profile and it recreates the Windows printer.
6) Run the HP Update Tool from Start Menu > All Programs > HP if your printer installs it, rebooting afterwards if necessary.
7) Test by printing google.com (uses very little ink when the test page comes out).
Let me know if you have any questions or issues.
I work for an international tech company and personally perform thousands of computer repairs a year. I'm based out of the US working for a US company, and have been working on computers for over 13 years.
****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****