anitoursboston
Message 1 of 4 (541 Views)

In Windows 8 HP Deskjet 3520 printer turns off by itself soon after use

see above

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 4 (537 Views)

Re: In Windows 8 HP Deskjet 3520 printer turns off by itself soon after use

Auto Power-Off is automatically enabled by default when you turn on the printer. When Auto Power-Off is enabled, the printer automatically turns off after 2 hours of inactivity to help reduce energy use.

Follow the steps below to disable the feature and check if that resolved the issue:
  1. From the Control Panel home screen, which displays Copy , Scan , and Quick Forms , select Settings.
    NOTE:If you do not see the home screen, press the Back button until you can see it.
  2. From the Settings menu on the printer display, select Preferences .
  3. From the Preferences menu, select Auto-Off .
  4. From the Auto-Off menu, select Off , and then press Continue to confirm the setting
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
RickyBBB
Message 3 of 4 (419 Views)

Same problem here.

Doesn't matter if I turn the option AUTO-OFF,  'On' or 'Off'...either way my printer turns totally off after being inactive. The green light at backside of printer goes out, and the only way I get my printer turned on again, is by taking the cable out of electricity, and put it back in again...only then the green light turns on again, and I can turn the printer on again by clicking the Power button on frontside of the printer. I guess I should go back to the store?

Professor
007OHMSS
Message 4 of 4 (297 Views)

This just came out this month:

SUBJECT:

Unit fails to Power On until physically unplugging and reinserting the power cord.

Symptom:

Unit may not power on after being powered off, either by the front panel button or AutoOff feature. Unit will recover if power cord is unplugged and reinserted and the On button is pressed within 5 seconds; however, may recur if the Auto Off feature is not disabled.  

HP Web Services

FW Update is currently  available to users that are connected wirelessly to the printer and have internet access.  This FW update is only available via HP Web Services at this time.  The printer must be connected wirelessly to the internet and HP Web Services enabled.

NOTE: Although you must enable HP Web Services for the Product update, users can choose to turn off HP Web Services after the product has been updated.

To update the FW via HP Web Services, first ensure that the printer is connected wirelessly to the internet and connected to HP Web Services.

1. Press the ePrint button.
  2. Verify the Web Services Summary to ensure the printer is connected, ePrint is On, then press “Settings”.
  3. Press “Product Update”.
  4. Press “Check Product Update” to begin the update process.

NOTE:  If the product already has the most update to date FW, you should see a message stating that your printer has the most current updates installed and no new updates are available at this time.

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation