02-01-2012 02:04 PM
Printer attached to Desktop (USB) using Windows 7 32bit. Message code 0xc18a0001 occurred during offline copying. Applied fixes as per forums and HP help. Cleaned printer and performed power on/off reset (including resetting all ink cartridges) to no avail. If this is a mechanical failure, can one resolve this issue with HP parts or are there some other procedures to resolve this issue?
05-05-2012 10:33 PM
Try this link:
there's a special key combo for resetting your printer. I hope it helps.
11-17-2013 03:58 PM
I have found the "Fix It" instructions to use the "Special Key Combo" and the 1st step is to press and hold the "*" key. And then press the "#" key, and release together. Where are these keys on the printer?
11-18-2013 09:57 AM
I understand you would like the reset to see if that will resolve the ink system failure.
I will send you a private message with this information.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.
I work on behalf of HP
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printers
- HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)