Question

Tutor
harryeb
Message 1 of 4 (693 Views)

Ink System Failure on Photosmart 3210

Printer attached to Desktop  (USB) using Windows 7 32bit. Message code 0xc18a0001 occurred during offline copying. Applied fixes as per forums and HP help. Cleaned printer and performed power on/off reset (including resetting all ink cartridges) to no avail. If this is a mechanical failure, can one resolve this issue with HP parts or are there some other procedures to resolve this issue?

Intern
raphael nikolai
Message 2 of 4 (542 Views)

Re: Ink System Failure on Photosmart 3210

Hi Harryeb,

Try this link:

http://www.out-of-warranty.com/hp-photosmart-3210-ink-system-failure-how-to-fix-it/

there's a special key combo for resetting your printer. I hope it helps.

Student
rusty524
Message 3 of 4 (295 Views)

I have found the "Fix It" instructions to use the "Special Key Combo" and the 1st step is to press and hold the "*" key.  And then press the "#" key, and release together.  Where are these keys on the printer?

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 4 of 4 (279 Views)

Hi rusty524

I understand you would like the reset to see if that will resolve the ink system failure.

I will send you a private message with this information.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation