Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and can't connect to my officejet 8610 wirelesly. It shows there's no connection.  I wonder if this is a matter of compitability? In any case, is there a suggestion to remedy this matter.  Please and thanks,

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi @JS1417,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you're unable to print to your printer. I would like to assist you with this.

Your printer is compatible with Windows 10.  

If you're unsure if the printer is connected to your network, Print and evaluate a Network Configuration Page.

Print a Network Configuration Page to review the wireless connection status.
  1. On the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon (), and then touch the Settings icon ().
  2. Touch Print Reports, and then touch Network Configuration Page.
     NOTE: The printer might print three pages of information.
    Figure : Example of the Network Configuration Page
    Image: Example of the Network Configuration Page

I would try the steps within this guide,'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10).

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. Good Luck! Smiley Happy

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Dear Drakster,

I have tried everything as you have clearly described but still my laptop can't find the printe, under control panel it shows up as Fax-HP Office jet Pro 8610 and not highlighted. I have deleted and reinstalled the software but the same happens everytime,  I can connect to my daughter's HP Envy and a Brother printer but not to my HP 8610.  Is there anyway that I can call and have someone walk me through?

Thanks,

JS417

HP Recommended

I have the same problem after upgading my Lenovo Laptop from window 8.1 to windows 10. The HP8610 printer 3 page status report prints out and shows the printer connected (via an Asus home hub wireless) and All OK. The laptop is connected to the home hub. Yet the printer status on the lap top control panel is stuck firmly at offline.

I have tried switching devices off and on to no avail.

What is the next suggested fix?

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem connecting. My  printer suddenly went offline. I removed the device to try to fix the problem, but now when I add the printer it's telling me driver is unavailable. I have tried to download drivers from the hp website, but still having the same problem.  

This is the error that i keep getting,

Hewlett-Packard  - Other hardware, Printer - Null Print - HP Officejet Pro 8610 - Error 0x800703eb

What do I need to do to get my printer connected to my laptop again?

HP Recommended

Hi @princess2la@JS1417@Stath,

@princess2la,

I would try these steps: 

1. Press Windows Key + R and type devmgmt.msc in the Run dialog box to open Device Manager.

usb devices not working

2. Find the Other Devices and the Printers folders. Look for your Printer or Unknown Device, right-click on it and choose Update Driver Software. At which point you may see NULL Device listed in the update error.  Run Windows Update again. This should correct the issue.

@JS1417@Stath,

I would suggest you, disable the firewall and anti-virus software and try to re-add the printer again.

If the issue persists, create a new user account and try to re-add the printer.

Otherwise you can contacting HP for service in all countries/regions except Asia Pacific.
What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:
Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number
Case number and phone number appear.

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum. Have a great day!

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thank you Drakster for your help and well explaind direction.  It worked and my HP printer is now working with my Windows 10.  I can now enjoy my great Officer Jet Pro printer again.

Regrads,JS1417

HP Recommended

There is no solution that I can find. Windows 10 may have something to do with it, but it is uncertain.

you set up the printer to use an IP on your network.  and then once you walk away from 5 -15 minutes (whatever you set) the printer goes offline and nothing brings it back on.

however, if you hardware to your network, your printer comes back on line.

This is an HP software issue we cannot fix. 

Until they actually tell us how it IS OUR ISSUE and not theirs, we are stuck.  They have been less than helpful.

DONT CALL THEM UNLESS YOU HAVE HOURS...

Lee

HP Recommended

I have been dealing with this problem for the past 10 days and have had 9 contacts with Microsoft Windows technicians, and still the problem persists. My printer was working perfectly until I installed updates to my Windows 10, after a 30=day absence. I contacted HP and they will solve the problem for a price, even though the printer is in warranty (I purchased it this summer). I Don't know what to tell you except to contact HP Tech Support and pay the price.

HP Recommended

To help anyone having this an issue with the HP Officejet Pro 8600 not printing after a Windows 10 upgrade. This is what finally worked for me. 

After trying many other things in addition to uninstalling and reinstalling complete driver package,  the solution for me after  was to go to Printer Properties, Advanced, New Driver go through the wizard and choose HP and then Officejet Pro 8600 Class.  I think the problem is the driver that HP is providing for the Officejet Pro 8610 -- it just doesn't work with Windows 10.  After changing to the Officejet Pro 8600 Class printing started working.  Didn't try scanning because user didn't need it.  

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.