Is there any way I can get my HP 6600 to print duplex - even manually? I'm using Windows 7 (725 Views)
Student
cath201
Message 1 of 3 (725 Views)

Is there any way I can get my HP 6600 to print duplex - even manually? I'm using Windows 7

I can't believe after researching printers for weeks I finally bought one - and it doesn't do duplex!

I think in the end I was concentrating on the air and e-print functions a bit too much. Though saying that if a printer does things as sophisticated as print 'from the air' you would think it could manage double sided - albeit manually!   My old HP does.

Why on earth HP decided to take the function off this particular printer, I've no idea.

If there's no way of printing double sided I shall just have to get used to using twice as much paper, which after all this time of saving the trees, goes against the grain!   

Can anybody help - or could HP kindly let me have a piece of software to do the job please ???     :smileyfrustrated:

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 3 (720 Views)

Re: Is there any way I can get my HP 6600 to print duplex - even manually? I'm using Windows 7

Hi,

Automatic duplex is not supported by the Officejet 6600 model, however you may perform Manual duplexing by using the PAges to print feature.

From the application used to print open the print dialog, then access the Printing Preferences.

Click Advanced and set Pages to Print as Odd PAges Only.

Click ok and complete the print job.

Place the printed pages faced up into the tray and launch another print job by setting the Pages to Print option as Even Pages Only.

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Student
Jned45
Message 3 of 3 (623 Views)

Re: Is there any way I can get my HP 6600 to print duplex - even manually? I'm using Windows 7

I tried the Odd Even page only option,  The pages did not print in order!.  I think you have to also reverse the print on either the odd or even in order for your pages to be in sync!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation