10-17-2012 06:39 PM
I just purchased a laserjet pro 100 color mfp m175nw last week. I am getting an error message "jam in output tray". When I open the rear door there in no paper visible for me to remove. When I power the printer down and restart the printer I get the same error message. I'm not sure if this is a lemon, but I'm hoping there is an easy solution.
10-19-2012 07:32 AM
Here is a document that can help with fixing this issue.
I hope this can help with the jam.
I am not an HP employee.
10-19-2012 03:44 PM
I fixed the problem today by taking the printer into my workplace and getting assistance from my IT person. I do appreciate your reponse, but I am very disappointed by the response I received from HP. You support websites are horrible, the soution to this probelm had nothing to do with a rear door jam (even though the display indicated that the jam was in this area). The jam was actually after the rear door area and just before the paper exited the printer. Very difficult to see.
01-12-2014 09:23 AM
can you maybe describe in depth were exactly the jam was? I'm experiencing the same problem (remove shipping material rear door) but following the guide there is no shipping material there...
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printers
- HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)