Re: Paper jam in Laserjet pro 100 color mfp M175 (221 Views)
Honor Student
Jim27522
Message 1 of 6 (926 Views)

Jam in output bin for Laserjet pro 100 color mfp M175

I just purchased a laserjet pro 100 color mfp m175nw last week.  I am getting an error message "jam in output tray".  When I open the rear door there in no paper visible for me to remove.  When I power the printer down and restart the printer I get the same error message.  I'm not sure if this is a lemon, but I'm hoping there is an easy solution. 

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 2 of 6 (908 Views)

Jam in output bin for Laserjet pro 100 color mfp M175

If there is a jam in the output tray this is treated like a paper jam on these models. I can see that you have already done several of the steps to help fix this problem.

Here is a document that can help with fixing this issue.

I hope this can help with the jam.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Honor Student
Jim27522
Message 3 of 6 (905 Views)

Re: Jam in output bin for Laserjet pro 100 color mfp M175

I fixed the problem today by taking the printer into my workplace and getting assistance from my IT person.  I do appreciate your reponse, but I am very disappointed by the response I received from HP.  You support websites are horrible, the soution to this probelm had nothing to do with a rear door jam (even though the display indicated that the jam was in this area).  The jam was actually after the rear door area and just before the paper exited the printer.  Very difficult to see.    

Student
Brinky2
Message 4 of 6 (856 Views)

Re: Paper jam in Laserjet pro 100 color mfp M175

I have a paper jem beyond the rear door. I can not see the paper from the rear area. How can i get to into that area to remove the paper?

Student
Copimex
Message 5 of 6 (480 Views)

Re: Jam in output bin for Laserjet pro 100 color mfp M175

Hi,

can you maybe describe in depth were exactly the jam was? I'm experiencing the same problem (remove shipping material rear door) but following the guide there is no shipping material there...

Honor Student
vlam
Message 6 of 6 (221 Views)

Re: Paper jam in Laserjet pro 100 color mfp M175

Same question!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation