02-27-2013 09:38 AM
Recently brought a K8600 out of mothballs, ran diagnostics, replaced ink cartridges, cleaned and aligned the printhead. It will print test pages and run through the diagnostics fine. When I attempt to print either a single or multi page pdf it prints the first page and stops, resume and power lights are blinking indicating a carriage jamb. When I open the cover the carriage is locked on the right side but there is no paper jamb. Power off and on and sut down with the carriage in the middle (it never does stop on the left side) and unplug the power cable and hte carriage moves freely. I have to power off and back on to get it to print another single page. Any ideas?
03-28-2013 01:21 AM
I have the exact same problem. Just now it has stopped indicating paper jam and green light flashes as if loading print data forever after the first page is printed. Power plug must be pulled and inserted to print another page. Please reply if you find any solution. I think i might be software related?
05-08-2013 12:49 PM
I understand that you are having issues printing with your HP K8600 device. Below is a link to the software and drivers page for your product. Please ensure that you have the latest versions available.
Once installed, this should resolve your issue. Please let me know if this helps.
I work for HP.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I work for HP.
12-21-2013 02:21 PM
01-09-2015 09:45 AM
This is another fix.
With properly installed software with the help from "HP Update Software Utility", in any operating system, when you print with an expired cartridge , a dialog box appears.
It warns you which cartridge has expired its date, giving you a button to order more ink online. (An HP marketing tool.)
The bottom warnings have a "Dismiss" button. When you print multiple pages, it stops the process after the first page, warning you of expired cartridge date. When you press the "Dismiss" button , it will resume printing normally.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series