LJ Pro 400 Color M451dn Supply Memory Error (319 Views)
Top Student
Matt_Kress
Message 1 of 3 (319 Views)

LJ Pro 400 Color M451dn Supply Memory Error

In addition to my other post regarding my inability to print a dark blue (which is still unresolved), my "Supply Memory Error" has become more persistent (and less intermittent) -- today it is for all 4 cartridges and not just Yellow and Magenta.  I followed the steps from this link, but cannot find any packing material and removing and reseating the cartridges has not helped.

The next recommended solution is to have the printer serviced.  Since I just bought it (9/17/12) should I just exchange it or is there more than I can do to make it work? (purchased at OfficeDepot.com)

Thanks,

Matt

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 2 of 3 (294 Views)

Re: LJ Pro 400 Color M451dn Supply Memory Error

matt_kress,

It seems that servicing will likely be the next route you can contact support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl for available servicing options.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Top Student
Matt_Kress
Message 3 of 3 (290 Views)

Re: LJ Pro 400 Color M451dn Supply Memory Error

Thanks JohnB. I'll give them a call and see what's going on. But it is certainly frustrating that a printer LESS THAN A WEEK OLD may have to be sent in for service and no one seems particular concerned about it - I hope that doesn't mean it happens so frequently that it is a commonplace occurance. 

Sending it for service leaves me without a decent printer for the amount of time that it is gone, not to mention the time to arrange for shipping (I bill hourly, so time away from work, is less billable time.) I like the printer better than my old Brother printer, but this isn't starting off my relationship w/ HP on the right foot.

Appreciate your taking the time to respond.

Regards,

Matt

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation