09-22-2012 02:57 PM
In addition to my other post regarding my inability to print a dark blue (which is still unresolved), my "Supply Memory Error" has become more persistent (and less intermittent) -- today it is for all 4 cartridges and not just Yellow and Magenta. I followed the steps from this link, but cannot find any packing material and removing and reseating the cartridges has not helped.
The next recommended solution is to have the printer serviced. Since I just bought it (9/17/12) should I just exchange it or is there more than I can do to make it work? (purchased at OfficeDepot.com)
09-24-2012 03:07 PM
It seems that servicing will likely be the next route you can contact support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl for available servicing options.
Best of Luck!
09-24-2012 05:44 PM
Thanks JohnB. I'll give them a call and see what's going on. But it is certainly frustrating that a printer LESS THAN A WEEK OLD may have to be sent in for service and no one seems particular concerned about it - I hope that doesn't mean it happens so frequently that it is a commonplace occurance.
Sending it for service leaves me without a decent printer for the amount of time that it is gone, not to mention the time to arrange for shipping (I bill hourly, so time away from work, is less billable time.) I like the printer better than my old Brother printer, but this isn't starting off my relationship w/ HP on the right foot.
Appreciate your taking the time to respond.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printers
- HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)