Question

Student
Aschumacher
Message 1 of 7 (3,475 Views)

LaserJet 100 Color MFP M175nw PCL XL Error

I have been using this printer for a month without problems. All the sudden yesterday I get this error message whenever I print anything

PCL XL Error

Subsystem: TEXT

Error: InternalError 0x50

File Name: Cheettext.c

Line Number: 710

It only happens from my PC (windows 7 x64 based). Printing from my IPAD works just fine.

What could possibly be a solution. 

So far I have:  Removed and reinstalled drivers. Updated windows, firmware, etc. Rebooted both machines. 

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 7 (3,441 Views)

Re: LaserJet 100 Color MFP M175nw PCL XL Error

I've done a little research and I can't find your exact error, but I did find a similiar error and how to fix it here.  That should help clear up what's happening with your printer.  Let me know what happens.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Top Student
GSEARC
Message 3 of 7 (2,041 Views)

Our new Laser 100 M175 does same; PXL XL Error.

Link broken, not reached.

Would you please add instructions to this topic?

Thanks.

Honor Student
carlytx
Message 4 of 7 (1,932 Views)

Did you ever solve the error message?  Or get the instructions from HP support?  I am having the same problem and have had no luck resolving it.

THANKS-

CAROLYN

Top Student
GSEARC
Message 5 of 7 (1,907 Views)

No. HP help could not help. They called after two weeks and ask can case be closed! We have send all fault reports (about 100 pages of different three line printed fault codes)  and test results, but no one has interest to study these.

No use to take printer to service (even it is under warranty), because it´s self test work, (service comment!) but anyway, printer self test ok, computer connection test print not ok, printer does not work. Tested in different computers and cables. All we get is many, many pages of three line fault codes.

After many times of trying, testing and calling to several places our boss strictly ordered to throw it to electronic junk, we have no more time to spend with this kind of "plug and pray" machine.

We have Epson printers in use, these works perfect (also old HP Deskjet 840C, -best one ever, simple and reliable), so I suppose our systems and computers works as these should.

Top Student
GSEARC
Message 6 of 7 (1,831 Views)

Problem was our fault, we are using Windows XP 32 (SP3) system and this printer is not compatible with Win XP. So if you are using XP this printer is not suitable for you, there are no drivers of programs available.

Even in tech spec says it is...

Student
SBGGeorge
Message 7 of 7 (1,538 Views)

I just had this problem today, but it coincided with a supplies low message on the printer display. After I replaced the two lowest cartridges, I still got the subject error, but after powering the printer off and on, it resumed operating correctly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation