10-03-2013 01:47 AM
we have windows 7 64 bit SP1 with last updates + HP 1022nw installed thorough USB. When we pring some pdf files - the printer spooler service get an error and stop working. We have last firmware & driver for the printer installed.
Could you help with this problem?
10-04-2013 12:05 PM
Please attach a screenshot of the error message so we can see what you are talking about. Its hard to suggest a solution when you dont know what the problem is.
Print spools can stop for any number of reasons. Most of the time it is due to a corrupted print job that caused a crash. If you notice any patterns when this problem happens like when you try to print certain document types or use certain printing features that would be helpful information to know.
When its not a corrupted print job then the next likely culprit is a corrupted printer driver. Most of the time its easy enough to uninstall and reinstall with the latest full software solution from http://support.hp.com to repair the problem. In other situations you may have to go in and wipe out your driver repository and start from scratch with a different driver like a Universal Print Driver.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series