Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem now.

I vaguely recall seeing this a few years ago, but it came back tonight.   Ugh.... and I just installed a new cartdrige.  Any insight on how to fix this?  I tried the X + > at power on, I've power cycled several times, I've rebooted my Mac, I've reset all the printer settings.  

Anything else I can try?

HP Recommended

To follow-up on my post, I decided to re-install the same HP software in my Mac (HP-LaserJet-SW-OSX-Mavericks_v12.34.26.dmg) that I had installed a while ago and that fixed the problem.   

HP Recommended

I have tried the remedies that is on the board for error 79.  NOt working still  please help me

HP Recommended

Found to be a problem with HP driver conflict.  There were multiple HP printers had multiple HP printers installed (even ones that I never had installed), simply disconnect printer(s), and deleted all HP printers and reinstall.  If you get error cannot uninstall, go into print management and delete from there.

Hope this helps!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.