02-21-2013 02:15 PM
I have two LaserJet 300 colorMFP M375nw and I am trying to turn off the wifi. Both the screen on the printer and it's web utility say wifi is off, but the radio is actively transmitting and causing us interference. The ssid of the printer contains the last two characters of the mac address, so it is easy to find the offending printers.
How do you REALLY turn off the wifi radio?
02-25-2013 07:16 AM
Remove or disable the wireless adapter inside the printer. If you can get your hands on a Service Manual you can do it yourself. Otherwise hand it over to a certified HP hardware tech to perform the opperation for you.
That or purchase a model that does not come with a "W" in the name. W=Wireless, N=Network.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series