Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a LaserJet M1212NF that is always re-initializing constantly.

I have done some cold reset many time where it says perm storage init..... and it still loop like hell

Left it unplugged long period of time, still the same.

No network cable are plugged, or USB still the same!

Any help is appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hey Kidney514,

It sounds like your M1212nf has developed a hardware malfunction in the power circuit.  I see you have already done quite a bit of troubleshooting for this issue already.  I would advise checking through the steps in the document found here for when the printer will not turn on or respond.  

If all steps have been performed and the cold reset has been done, then the next step is going to be product replacement.

If you are still in warranty, HP may replace the printer at no cost to you. I'll link the information to get in touch with them below. The link will take you to a form to fill out. Once you fill it out and it is processed, it will give you the printers warranty information, a case number, and the phone number to call.

HP Technical Support Case Call Form: https://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/phoneInput?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5061082

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi Everyone,

Refer to Message 84 on the following thread below.

M1212nf fails to initialize after firmware update

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hi Everyone,

Please check your private messages

If somebody sends you a message, there will be a blue envelope icon right beside the Log Out link. To check your message box, click on the envelope icon.

PM4.JPG

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi Everyone,

Please refer to the link below.

Message 104 of 104

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I've got the same horrible printer and have been trying to do some scanning via the document feeder.  I did two batches of 30 sheets.  With about 5 pages left on the second batch the printer re-initializes itself.  After re-booting everything it re-initializes after 5 pages, then 2 and now it gets to the last page and just sits there saying it's scanning but the paper is completely through it.

It's a horrible scanner, the pages are usually crooked no matter how well I clean it and line everything up.

I've had to pull pages out of the document feeder so many times now they're getting all creased.  This is because when it re-initializes itself it is always right in the middle of feeding a page.

I think I'll go find some websites to write-up my review on HP and their LaserJet M1212nf MFP.

Good luck with yours.

HP Recommended

Hi randor10,

Please check your private messages

If somebody sends you a message, there will be a blue envelope icon right beside the Log Out link. To check your message box, click on the envelope icon.

PM4.JPG

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi

i have same problem other had.

a fax came, nothing printed, HP printer hanged, restarting, initializing, printing a fax,hanged, restarting ....

over and over and ...

i tried to hold (X) before turning on

i tried to hold 6 ...

i tried to hold 2 ...

oh God

please let me know what should i do.

HP Recommended

Hi, I feel annoying about my m1212nf printer.  It is taking almost a whole year the problem is not solved.  I tried all methods even though brought a new toner.  The worst is that the warranty of the printer has just gone.  It may take me US$250 to fix it.  I would rather buy a new one except HP.  I want to try my best to fix it before I buy a new one.  Can anyone help?  My printer keeps on showing initializing on the screen.  I even cannot update fireware because the computer cannot recongize the printer.  I opened the cover and found the manual.  It turned back to initialize again for a while.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.