Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 5 (494 Views)
Accepted Solution

LaserJet Pro 400 MFP M425 / 1-side to 2-side copying missed an inch from top on second page

When I try one-sided to two-sided copy from the automatic top feeder, the second page missed about an inch of the original content from top. (The first page also missed a little bit, that's not a huge deal.) I think that it happened because the feeding speed is slower than it's supposed to be. Are there any settings that I can check to fix it?

I have two LaserJet Pro 400 MFP M425 printers and they are doing same. So, it's not one user/computer or one printer problem.

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Re: LaserJet Pro 400 MFP M425 / 1-side to 2-side copying missed an inch from top on second page

Image Alignment does not anything for the problem. However, I was able to fix by:

- Chaninging copy settings to pick up from exclusively from tray 2 instead of auto select

- Saving the settings as a new default

I guess, the printer is pausing a quick moment if the tray selection is auto.

View solution in context
Teacher
Message 2 of 5 (483 Views)

Re: LaserJet Pro 400 MFP M425 / 1-side to 2-side copying missed an inch from top on second page

In the image quality section of the print quality menu there is an alignment section.
First I would clean all the paper feed rollers with soap and water to make sure they are clean and functioning well.
Top Student
Message 3 of 5 (474 Views)

Both of them are pretty new. One is a couple of months old, the other one is a couple of weeks old. I will try the suggestions and see how it goes. Thanks for the suggestions and I appreciate it. I will follow up as soon as I try them out.

Top Student
Message 4 of 5 (467 Views)

Image Alignment does not anything for the problem. However, I was able to fix by:

- Chaninging copy settings to pick up from exclusively from tray 2 instead of auto select

- Saving the settings as a new default

I guess, the printer is pausing a quick moment if the tray selection is auto.

Highlighted
Intern
Message 5 of 5 (437 Views)

It sounds like you addressed this and I'll work to reproduce this and if I can, I will work to get this address in firmware due to a likely timing issue. 

I work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation