Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fnw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am having an issue with my printer not booting up correctly. When I turn the printer on I get a blue screen with the HP logo in the top right corner and a loading bar at the bottom. The loading bar stops halfway through the load and freezes up. I've let it sit over night trying to load to no avail. I've unplugged the power source for 10 minutes and tried to restart it after that. I turned my wireless network off and tried to restart it.  I tried to do a facorty hard reset by holding the bottom right corner of the display as it's booting up. I've tried to update the firmware but my PC does not see the printer on USB or wireless. Is this the printer blue screen of death? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I'm running Windows 7 (64) and my wife is running Windows 8 (64). My PC is connected via USB, her's is connected over wifi. I also have two Windows 7 (64) laptops accessing the printer over wifi.

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

I'm guessing no one knows how to resolve this issue. Can someone please send me in the right direction to possibly another forum?

HP Recommended

Can anyone help with this?

HP Recommended

Hi @Brent0341,

I read your post and see that the printer's display is stuck on a blue screen with the HP logo. I will certainly do my best to help you.

I can send you the correct reset for the printer in a private message.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the Thumbs up button below.

Thank You. I look forward to hearing from you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I am having the exact same issue. Can you send me the instructions as well?

HP Recommended

Hi @Eric_N,

I see that you are also having issues with the printer's display is stuck on a blue screen with the HP logo. I would be happy to help you.

What happened prior to this issue? (paper jam, changed toner)

I would do a hard reset to see if that will resolve the issue.
Leave the printer on and unplug the power cable from the printer and wall outlet for 60 seconds.
Then reconnect the power cable to the printer and wall outlet rather than a surge protector.
This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.

Perform a power drain by disconnecting the power cord from the back of the printer and keeping the power button pressed for 30 seconds and in case of a power switch keep the switch in ON position for 30 seconds before reconnecting the power chord.

Update the printer's firmware by a USB connection if you haven't already. Software and Drivers.

I can send a private message with another step to try.

How is the printer connected? (USB/Ethernet/Wireless)

What operating system are you using? How to Find the Windows Edition and Version on Your Computer.

If you are pleased with my help, click the Thumbs up button below.

If there is anything else I can help you with, just let me know. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Gemini,

I attempted the hard reset as you described and the printer just went to the blue loading screen and froze. I also attempted the "power drain" with no effect. Is there a way to update firmware via USB drive? Maybe an executable file? My PC does not see the printer so I was thinking maybe I could plug a usb drive into the front port to start the update?

Thank you for your response by the way.

HP Recommended

Hi Brent0341 ,

I don't believe that printer would do a firmware update by the USB flash drive with the firmware downloaded on the drive.

I checked the website for the firmware update and it mentioned that the utility can be used with a USB connection or network connection. If the printer isn't recognised like you mentioned, it wouldn't be possible though to run the update either way.

Disconnect any cables from the printer, (USB, Fax) except the power cable and try the reset I sent you again, just to see if there is anything that might be interfering. Hope that helps.

If the issue continues, please call our technical support at 800-474-6836 for further assistance, even if your printer is Out of Warranty, you might have an option to Trade in the printer. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi 

My  LaserJet Pro CM1415fnw has a similar problem. 

In fact: every time i try to start up my  LaserJet Pro CM1415fnw the screen shows "ready 2 download".

Is there any buttonfunction or something to hard reset / factory defaults.. because I can't reach the menu.

Thanks a lot.

HP Recommended

Hi @FTH95,

I can send you that information in a private message.

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.