02-09-2013 05:50 AM
My hp Laserjet 1012 has been acting strangely recently. If I leave my printer on, instead of idling, it will print test pages, unwarranted and unannounced.
There are two types of pages that are printed; one, a page that says "Self Test/Configuration", which is less common, and one that says "hp LaserJet 1012 printer", with a picture of the printer and a zebra on it, which has printed multiple times now.
Under the Self Test/Configuration Status Log, there is a code 10.1549 if that means anything.
Anyway, these pages are a waste of paper and ink. I just need them to stop. How can I fix this?
My operating system is Windows Vista 32-bit, Service Pack 2. The printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and is connected via USB.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series