02-09-2013 05:50 AM
My hp Laserjet 1012 has been acting strangely recently. If I leave my printer on, instead of idling, it will print test pages, unwarranted and unannounced.
There are two types of pages that are printed; one, a page that says "Self Test/Configuration", which is less common, and one that says "hp LaserJet 1012 printer", with a picture of the printer and a zebra on it, which has printed multiple times now.
Under the Self Test/Configuration Status Log, there is a code 10.1549 if that means anything.
Anyway, these pages are a waste of paper and ink. I just need them to stop. How can I fix this?
My operating system is Windows Vista 32-bit, Service Pack 2. The printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and is connected via USB.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)