Question

Honor Student
DerekMallorca
Message 1 of 5 (385 Views)

Laserjet 1022 paper feed/jam problem

Hi Guys!

My olg Laserjet 1022 has worked fine for years!

Recently it started to make a few funny clunking sounds whne printing (but not when initialising).

I have now installed Win 7 x64 on my computer and the printer has gone completely haywire! I have downloaded and installed correct drivers.

Every time I print, the printer prints the page and then feeds an extra sheet which goes half way through the printer and the printer then jams.

I have searched the forums but can't find any posts that have the same problem as this.

Please help!!! Otherwise I will have to bin "old faithful" and get a new printer!!

Cheers.

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 2 of 5 (372 Views)

Re: Laserjet 1022 paper feed/jam problem

Hi there,

Try downloading and running the print and scan doctor located here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03275041&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

It can fix a lot on its own and if not give a better idea of what is going on.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Honor Student
DerekMallorca
Message 3 of 5 (363 Views)

Thanks JohnB.

Done that and it says everything is OK, but it isn't!!

Any more ideas?

Cheers.

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 4 of 5 (354 Views)

DerekMallorca

With there being no software issue detected lets inspect the hardware. Use this article to inspect, give the steps a shot and let me know the results:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01561369&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc...

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Honor Student
trmd
Message 5 of 5 (188 Views)

I have the same problem of a laserjet 1022 that jams after the 1st page has printed successfully. The second page feeds about 2/3 the way through.  I have followed the instructions for downloading HP print and scan doctor with no problems reported then I followed the other suggested trouble shooting again with no solution. Did JohnB solve this problem for you? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation