12-02-2013 06:02 PM
I am using a Color Laserjet 2840 All-In-One. I am also using Windows 7. Unfortunately the software doesn't cover Win 7; the download center tells you to use the Windows Scan and Fax software provided. When I do that, adjusting the brightness/contrast does absolutely nothing to change the photo. According to the user manual I need the HP toolbox to properly do this, but I don't believe I can get the toolbox on Win 7. The problem of course being that the scans are way too dark and certainly not anywhere close to a WYSIWYG situation. Any suggestions? I'd hate to have wasted so much money.
P.S. This thread has been moved from Laserjet to Multifucntion and All-in-One. - Hp Forum Moderator
12-08-2013 08:25 AM
Generally the scanning program/software is the only option to control the job specifc scanning preferences. You may try using image editor software if basic scanning software is not suitable for your requirement.
I feel that the toolbox software may not be useful for your scenario, also that version supported with Windows 7 is not available. To install toolbox with supported operating systems, what you need is either the driver CD or use the Full software solution available for download.
Please share the more information about what you have referred from user manual about the use of toolbox software, so that we could understand it better & provide inputs.
Click the 'Kudos Thumbs Up' if this was helpful. Thank You!
(Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series