02-19-2014 12:42 PM
Just replaced all of the pickup rollers in my ancient LJ4000, plugged in a JetDirect 600N card, cold booted the printer, and trying to connect to it via wireless network. The printer is plugged into the network wireless router, a Netgear 7550.
Can't see this printer on the wireless net. Went to the router admin, and it indeed sees the printer, although it identified it as a "Computer," and shows its IP address as 192.168.254.45
I can ping to the printer over the wireless network, no problem. Can't Telnet to it. The config page shows JetDirect Model J3111A, Firmware Rev. G.05.35
Anyone have a clue as to how to proceed?
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)