08-19-2013 11:45 AM
I have a 4100n connected by ethernet directly to my Uverse router and JetDirect card in EIO #1 to act a network printer in my home network. I have assigned it a STATIC IP address. All software and firmware is current. JetDirect card is new.
Cables perfect. SNMP inidcates "not set". I am running Apple 10.8.4, but the printer is directly connect to the router via ethernet, not to my iMac directly.
After a day or so, the printer shows up as "off" in the router menu, and I have to turn the printer on and off to get it to work again. I have tried cold reset, changing IP addresses, changing cables, changing routers, I do not know how to disable SNMP settings other than to leave them as "not set". I have read everything I can find on this issue without success. Any ideas would be most helpful
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series