08-19-2013 11:45 AM
I have a 4100n connected by ethernet directly to my Uverse router and JetDirect card in EIO #1 to act a network printer in my home network. I have assigned it a STATIC IP address. All software and firmware is current. JetDirect card is new.
Cables perfect. SNMP inidcates "not set". I am running Apple 10.8.4, but the printer is directly connect to the router via ethernet, not to my iMac directly.
After a day or so, the printer shows up as "off" in the router menu, and I have to turn the printer on and off to get it to work again. I have tried cold reset, changing IP addresses, changing cables, changing routers, I do not know how to disable SNMP settings other than to leave them as "not set". I have read everything I can find on this issue without success. Any ideas would be most helpful
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)