10-15-2013 12:17 PM
I work at a college and our printer stopped working today, unfortunately our tech person isn't in today and we have no way of fixing it. The error code is 49.38.07 Error 4a04 and I was wondering if you had a solution. We have already shut it down and powered back on so that isn't fixing anything but any more information you could give me would be greatly appreciated. (Laserjet 600 M601)
10-15-2013 12:32 PM
Hello, I would first try disconnecting the printer from the network, powercycle machine, and see if the error code returns. If it does not then try running inturnal test prints from the printer, or connect to a laptop not on the network and try to test print to the printer. If the printer works fine after all that, connect the printer back on the network, if the error returns then the file trying to print is probably corrupt. 49 error codes are usually corrupt data/file hitting the machine, or you may just need to update the firmware.
Hope this helps.....
10-16-2013 07:06 AM
These erros pop up from time to time. You can fix by performing a partial disk cleaning. Power up. When all lights are on, press stop. Scroll to Administrative menu. Scroll to Partial clean. Press OK. Back out to Continue. Press OK.
04-24-2014 08:58 AM
The error is a print job. Remove all print jobs being sent to the printer and then make sure that the right driver is loaded. I have also seen the PORT and or IP Set-up causing an issue. Delete the Port and set it back up.
01-15-2015 02:02 PM
I get that error just sending a Windows test page, from multiple comps. Same deal when using a Mac, except it did print the page before showing the error and automatically rebooting itself.
02-24-2015 04:31 PM
I am getting this in the window below the Ready indication:
This just started appearing and below it is the toner indicator showing that it is partially full. I replaced the toner with a new cartridge and it still shows. Additionally, the machine is powering on and off by itself.
When this code appeared the printer stopped functioning. We rebooted and it worked again for a few days and then the powering off and on started.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series