Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have been a happy HP customer for more than a year (Laserjet M1212nf MFP).

However, it seems that after installing successfully the Laserjet drivers at a second PC at my office network, the laptop running Windows 7 home Premium 64 has strangely stopped printing duplex no matter the right settings and the pop up screen advising us to put manually the one sided printed pages back to the main tray.

We have unistalled and reinstalled drivers, ran the "doctor tool" but still no solution. So, this means that  while we can print duplex from the PC this is not anymore possible from the laptop.

:smileyembarrassed:

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Dreamworker, 

I see by your post that on the Laptop using Windows 7 home Premium 64 you are no longer able to print two-sided. But the PC can print two-sided. I can help you with this.

Sounds like a communication issue or something blocking it.

Temporarily turn off the Antivirus software and try again. Just to rule that out.

1. Click the Windows icon (), and then click Devices and Printers.
  2. Right-click the HP product, and then click Printer Properties.
  3. Click the Ports tab.
  4. Enable the bidirectional support checkbox.
  5. Try printing two-sided again.

If the issue persist, set the driver to print directly to the printer.

• Click the Windows icon (), and then click Devices and Printers.
  • Right-click the HP product, and then click Properties.
  • Click on the advanced tab, select print directly to the printer, apply and OK.

Let me know how you make out. :generic:

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Unfortunately I cannot because I receive the message Error 0x0000070c, whenever I try to do that!

HP Recommended

Thank you for providing that information Dreamworker.

You are getting a error trying to enable the Bi-Directional support and setting it to print directly to printer.

Do you have full Admin Rights on the computer?

Run the Microsoft Fix It Tool to see if that will resolve this issue. Then try and make the changes again.

http://www.microsoftfixit.net/fix-microsoft-error-code-0x0000070c/.

If you are still having issues, it might have been a update that caused this issue. I would do a system restore back to a earlier time when everything was working properly.

System Restore for Windows 7.

How is the printer connected? (USB/Ethernet)

Please provide in detail the results if you are still having issues.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hello!

my laptop is sony vaio with i5 running windows 64 home premiumand i have full admin rights.

despite years' long efforts service pack could never be installed no matter the microsoft debugging and fixit tools - however, the printer worked perfectly until very recently...

I have installed the drivers again but with no results.

The Microsoft Fix It Tool is a hoax. RegCure pro is a threat according to ESEt antivirus nad even if you download and pay for the programme you will not solve the issue!

http://www.microsoftfixit.net/fix-microsoft-error-code-0x0000070c/.

critical note: A strange thing i have noticed is that the page settings A4/lgal/a5 etc. disappear from the microsoft word print screen and i cannot do anything about it

p.S. I tried system restore but my restore points did not go more than a week before, so restore is not a solution anymore!

😞

HP Recommended

Hi Dreamworker,

Thanks for letting me know about the Microsoft fix document.

I would run the system restore back a day if this issue just occurred yesterday or reinstall Word to see if that resolve the issue for the page settings A4/lgal/a5 missing.

Run this free Microsoft Fix It Tool for Windows 7, to see if it will help.

Diagnose and repair Windows File and Folder Problems automatically.

Diagnose and fix printer and printing problems automatically.

Run the System File Checker. System File Checker: Run sfc /scannow & analyze its logs in Windows 7 | 8.

Test the printer again and see if you can duplex, if not try and set the driver again to print directly to the printer.

(if you still get a error trying to change this setting, most likely it is Windows or the print driver didn't install properly)

Let me know the results.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Dear Gemini02,

despite your kind persistence and my continuous efforts , all the above did not solve the issue.

however, when a problem locks you down you must try to bypass it.

and that's what exactly I did with the help of a local IT technician.

i instructed him to connect my laptop printing capabilities to the PC that does print duplex and the problem was "SOLVED".

So my laptop is now connected to the prniter not via the network but via the PC that can print duplex.

Problem is "SOLVED" but what my issue truly proves is the inadequacy of HP drivers and Microsoft FIxit tools!

ps. No matter how many times I have used Microsoft fixit tools nothing has been fixed! It makes me laugh!

Have a nice month anyway and thanks again for your kind efforts.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.