Question

Student
bz11235
Message 1 of 2 (514 Views)

Laserjet P1006 Not printing, and can't uninstally/reinstall

I have recently been having trouble printing with my HP P1006 laser printer. When i first installed Windows 8 it worked fine and there was not issue, but then about a month ago files started getting stuck in queue but usually restarting would solve that issue. Last week, the file would get stuck in queue and I would not be able to get rid of them without manually deleting the files. Also the printer stopped responding to and commands made from the computer. When I tried to remove the driver to reinstall it, the uninstall software would get stuck on the uninstalling your files display and keeps going for hours. When I tried to use the repair options, I somehow ended up having two p1006 showing up on my computer. Any ideas? Btw, when I used a command line to delete the queue that does not respond either, the computer acknowledges that the printer is plugged in but it does not print.

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 2 of 2 (492 Views)

Re: Laserjet P1006 Not printing, and can't uninstally/reinstall

Hello bz11235

Have you tried the article Can't Print? Print Jobs are Stuck in the Print Queue? It covers several different possible solutions for print jobs getting stuck in the queue. Also, how are the printer connected to the computer?

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation