01-12-2012 08:06 AM
Turn the product off, wait at least 30 seconds, and then turn the product on and wait for it to initialize.
If you are using a surge protector, remove it. Plug the product directly into the wall socket. Turn the product on.
The error 79 is due to an internal firmware error.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
I am an HP employee!
02-10-2014 02:03 PM
I had the same problem on a cp2020dn with the error 79. The turn off and on and the surge protector information didn't work. Unlike others I had not downloaded the firmware update that others said was the problem. I down loaded the firmware update and I still got the message and the printer did not work. The problem it seems is not with the firmware or internal cards it is with the document the printer is trying to print. The particular document causing the problem with my machine was one downloaded from the internet. I went into control panel and printers then picked the driver that uses the cp2025 and deleted all the documents except the update firmware. The firmware updated and now the printer prints like new. By the way HP didn't charge for the firmware update and the machine was out of warranty since 2010. I am using a Z1 running Windows 8.1 with the cp2025 connected directly through a cat 5 cable.
09-15-2014 08:40 AM
Had the same error(79) and removing the oldest job from the print queue and restarting the printer did the trick. Printer started up, initialized, and went to Ready state. Then all other queued documents printed without error...
01-15-2015 01:41 PM
Thanks for the help. I did just like you noted. I went to control, then printer set up, deleted the old print job reqest and...it went trhough the process and then ready and print. Thanks for saving me $ on purchasing of a new printer.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series