Question

Student
valerieh
Message 1 of 4 (8,315 Views)

Laserjet Printer 2025 - error 79

My printer no longer operates and shows error 79.  I have downloaded the uptodate firmware but the printer still isn't working.  What do I need to do next? Thanks

Teacher
affableLJ
Message 2 of 4 (8,306 Views)

Re: Laserjet Printer 2025 - error 79

Turn the product off, wait at least 30 seconds, and then turn the product on and wait for it to initialize.

If you are using a surge protector, remove it. Plug the product directly into the wall socket. Turn the product on.

The error 79 is due to an internal firmware error.

Regards,
affableLJ
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
I am an HP employee!
Student
cdegraff
Message 3 of 4 (7,336 Views)

I had the same problem on a cp2020dn with the error 79.  The turn off and on and the surge protector information didn't work.  Unlike others I had not downloaded the firmware update that others said was the problem.  I down loaded the firmware update and I still got the message and the printer did not work.  The problem it seems is not with the firmware or internal cards it is with the document the printer is trying to print.  The particular document causing the problem with my machine was one downloaded from the internet.  I went into control panel and printers then picked the driver that uses the cp2025 and deleted all the documents except the update firmware.  The firmware updated and now the printer prints like new.  By the way HP didn't charge for the firmware update and the machine was out of warranty since 2010.  I am using a Z1 running Windows 8.1 with the cp2025 connected directly through a cat 5 cable.

Honor Student
Ant72
Message 4 of 4 (3,540 Views)

Had the same error(79) and removing the oldest job from the print queue and restarting the printer did the trick.  Printer started up, initialized, and went to Ready state.  Then all other queued documents printed without error...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation