08-14-2013 02:32 PM
Hi everyone. This is a new printer. PC 574 simplex, 12 Duplex. It is jamming, most but not all duplex jobs. And only on the second pass/side. It's folding them up in the back instead of spitting them out the top. I opened and checked everything. Looking for any idea's before I ask for warranty repair.
09-10-2013 12:17 PM
Can you provide more information on the size and type of paper that is having jams when duplexed? Is it with a specific media or all media types?
The reason I'm asking is that some media can start to curl when passing through the fuser. If this happens, it can cause jams on the second side of a duplex job. The paper can be curled after going through the fuser the first time and catches in the print path.
Information as specific as a brand and vendor would be great. It is possible your problem may go away with a different paper.
This can be a larger problem with some smaller media (such as A5) because they are sometimes made by cutting A4 in half. This can result in a paper that is more prone to curling along the print direction.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series