Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

It sounds like you may have a serious mechanical problem.  If you are still in warranty, HP may replace the printer at no cost to you. I'll link the information to get in touch with them below. The link will take you to a form to fill out. Once you fill it out and it is processed, it will give you the printers warranty information, a case number, and the phone number to call.

HP Technical Support Case Call Form:
https://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/phoneInput?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5061082

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.  I tried unsuccessfully to re-install my printer's firmware.  I get a screen where my printer information is shown.  But I the screen won't let me check the check box to select the printer, presumably because I have the current firmware version.  But if my firmware is corrupted, I'd like to overwrite it.

HP Recommended

@Russell56, did you follow the steps ShaneR posted on page 1 to do the hard reset? 

Hard Reset: 

Unplug the power cord from the printer and wall 

Take out the toner/cartridges

Wait 30 sec

Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall (Make sure the printer is plugged into the wall and not a surge protector) 

Insert the toner/cartridges back into the printer

Let me know the outcome
HP Recommended

I am having this issue, can someone tell me what is the fix please.

Thanks,

LaQuanda

HP Recommended

Hi lbaker67

Have you tried doing the firmware update for the printer? The firmware update

Fix/Enhancements are as follows.

1) Enhance ePrint Diagnostic report for ePrint Setup
2) Improve ease of wireless setup
3) Enhanced Embedded Web Services
4) Improve Print Quality
5) Improve Ink Usage
6) Improve paper path performance
7) Improve Digital scan performance

To check the version of your current printer firmware:

Printer Information Screen

1. From the Control panel, press Help (?) button, select Printer Information

2. Use the down arrow button to scroll to the 2nd screen

3. The current firmware revision will appear on the screen

If you do not have Version CLP1CN1322CR you need the update.

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Firmware

This update may resolve the issue. If you require further assistance please post back and I will follow up with you.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

@ Sunshyn2005

I just bought an Officejet Pro 8600 today.  And the same issue with off centered printing came right out of the box

I have read through the forum.  I've tried,

1. updating the software

2. firmware was up to date

3. no "paper ball" or "carriage jam" seen next to the print heads

4. "hard reset" did nothing to improve.

However, the problem only came during printing, but copying was ok!

Could you possibly help me with this issue?

Thank you

HP Recommended
Same thing here. Apparently, no solution =/
HP Recommended

This is the worst piece of crap printer, ever!!  I'm done with HP.  I just bought this printer a couple of months ago, and I'm tired of getting the HP rope-a-dope.  I'm now a Brother printer product supporter/customer.  I don't care if you ever fix of this other poor customer's POS printers.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  In addition, there is a horrible grinding noise when I copy from the printer.

I checked my firmware, and the printer says I have the latest updated firmware  but it doesn't match version doesn't match what's shown on the HP web site.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem.  Left margins were too wide cutting off the print.  Outgoing faxes were fine.  I checked the firmware and it was up to date. 

A week prior to this malfunction the machine had a paper jam.  I removed paper from the back and cleared everything out the front paper feeder. 

What solved the problem:  When I opened the door to the printer head mechanism, I didn't wait long enough to have the print heads move to the center.  Had I done that originally, I would have noticed a large piece of paper crumpled in the right hand side of the machine.  I can't explained why I didn't get a "paper jam" error.

Even if you can't see a paper jam - keep looking.  HP printers have been very reliable.  I've owned many brother printers and they have many small breakable parts that I just got fed up with.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.