HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
04-18-2012 08:38 PM
Since I upgraded my Mac to Lion my Officejet Pro 8500 does not print the full page anymore. I have 2 PCs hooked up to it also. There is no minimize margin option available in the printer preferences. What can I do to minimize the margins. It used to print fine before the upgrade.
04-30-2012 10:38 AM
Sounds like you have left over software from the previous version of OS X. Let's uninstall with the 'scrubber option' like this:
1. Go to Applications/Hewlett Packard/ click on HP Uninstaller and click Continue
2. Highlight your device on the left pane
3. Hold the Ctrl, Opt and Cmd keys and click on Uninstall
4. There will be a pop up that asks if you are sure you want to uninstall ALL hp software. (At this point, if you continue, any HP printers you have installed will need to be reinstalled)
5. Click Continue and let it finish
Now, run a Software Update. This can be done by clicking the Apple in the top left of the screen then clicking Software Updates.
Next, let's reset the printing system:
Go to System Preferences > Print & Scan
- Right (or control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add a printer. Select the Default tab on the top of the window. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.
Let me know if this resolves your issue!