Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi JERENDS,

There's nothing wrong with my pc! So why should I perform a system Refresh????????

Is anyone at HP capable of solving this issue?

All I want to be able to do is print more than one page...................................................................

It seems as if this is a general problem that none of the tech people at HP can solve!

I eagerly await your reply.

Ian

HP Recommended

Hi ecraepnai,

I am not claiming that there is a problem with your PC. However, something is preventing the printer from working as it should. I am not, nor can not make you perform a Refresh on the computer, it was only a suggestion. If a Refresh is not an option for us to try, is there another computer you could try installing the printer on?

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi JERENDS,

No... I there is not another computer I can try installing it on.

I am using a new HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC, less than 6 months old. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software, I have updated the drivers, I have done what has been recommended on other pages.... 

But still the printer will not print more than one page! It stops half way through the second.

My patience is wearing very thin..... Its not a lot to ask for!!!!!! I have run HP Scan & Print Doctor, and it keeps saying that everything is ok. Clearly its not.

Please will someone help before I throw this f**king printer through the window!

Regards

Disgruntled Customer :HalfEyes:

HP Recommended

My OfficeJet7610 is experiencing an issue to where it is only printing a partial page and then spitting out the paper after my computer notifies me of a "printing error".

I've wasted numerous types and sizes of paper, and I'm sure a decent amount of ink also, in the process of trying to resolve this issue. I followed the steps you listed in this post, but am still having troubles getting the printer to print properly.

The printer used to work fine up until I recently hooked it back up a month ago. Since then, the only thing it is capable of printing are the self-generated alignment pages, and the network configuration page prints.

I use it for photo printing to sell photo prints I produce, so obviously I'd like to have it in working order sooner rather than later.

I've posted elsewhere about this but have yet to hear a response, so I'm hoping that replying to this thread where the issue seems to be with others will generate some help.

I am running Windows 8.1 

HP Recommended

Hi tjfulfer,

I've been trying to get this issue sorted since I purchsed the printer. HP have been as much use as a a chocolate teapot! I contacted Amazon (who I got the printer from) and they have kindly issued me with a refund. I have now purchased an Epson Printer.

It's being delivered Friday.... Problem solved *fingers crossed* :generic:

Will never buy HP again.................................................................. :TongueOut:

HP Recommended

WOW! This helped me with my 4630, I just posted my question not too long ago. I had my doubts but this actually did it!

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Ok, that actually didn't work because now I lost the option to print double sided.

HP Recommended

Hi gguerrero11,

Adding the driver as described should not have limited the settings available when printing. Try running the Print and Scan Dr to ensure there is not a fault in the drivers.

If you go to Devices and Printers, right click on the printer and then click Printer Preferences. Under Layout, is there no options for Print on Both Sides?

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi tjfulfer,

Have you had a chance to try running the System File Check and a new Admin User Account on the computer?

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi Jerends,

I have the same problem. A brand New HP Envy 4500 and a brand new laptop running Win 8.1 64.

Printer stops half way through an A4 colour photo or around halfway through excel or word documents.

I have followed all the steps you have outlined. I have not yet tried to print over a USB cable, partly because that defeats the object and partly cos i can't find the cable.

Whilst watching it print an a4 photo, the 4500 said "cancelling" at the halfway mark.

Any suggestions? this is either printer / driver / network in my mind and i don't think system restores and so on will solve the issue. i hope it is not network. can you confirm if the whole file will spool before it starts printing? if so that should mean that it is not the network.

Steve

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.