01-01-2014 10:47 AM
I haves recently purchased a 2540 printer and installed it on three home laptops. It is working well with the laptops that have Windows 7. However when I am trying to print with my laptop that has Windows 8, it always shows that the printer is offline but it isn't. Very frustrating.
Read previous solutions about manually changing the IP adress tried that and not sure if I did the right thing but this didn't work. I have also rebooted the router. I unistalled and reinstalled the HP drivers, this worked for a month and I now have the same problem: priner offline. Any solutions?
01-01-2014 11:21 AM - last edited on 04-16-2015 04:34 PM by karol-b
Please use the following tips/instructions to fix:
Inkjet Windows 7: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04249111
Inkjet Windows 8: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04249080
Inkjet Windows Vista: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04249275
Inkjet Mac: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04249334
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
03-04-2015 09:15 AM
I have the same problem. The only thing that works for me is to unplug the printer for a few seconds, plug it back in. It usually works for a day at a time. Very annoying.
09-16-2015 11:12 AM
I have had the same problem. I have been in contact with HP about the problem and they say that they sorted the problem, they hadn't. I contacted them again and they declined to assist, saying that they had done everythin g possible. This product should not be on the market
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printers
- HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)