My Envy 4500 Printer is stuck asking for paper, even after I load paper into it (3035 Views)
Honor Student
TechThumb
Message 1 of 11 (3,035 Views)

My Envy 4500 Printer is stuck asking for paper, even after I load paper into it

All the screen says is "Initializing...Please load plain paper", but I have already put plain paper into the tray. What am I doing wrong?

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 2 of 11 (3,010 Views)

Re: My Envy 4500 Printer is stuck asking for paper, even after I load paper into it

Hi TechThumb,

Try cleaning the rollers as described in the next link.  Click Here  Does this help?

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Honor Student
TechThumb
Message 3 of 11 (2,996 Views)

Re: My Envy 4500 Printer is stuck asking for paper, even after I load paper into it

That didn't solve the problem. My printer is brand new so I don't think dust or dirt in the rollers should be an issue. Is there anything else I can try?

Honor Student
TechThumb
Message 4 of 11 (2,977 Views)

I was able to print items using a USB cable, but since the printer is stuck on the Initializing screen, I cannot enable wireless printing. What can I do to get rid of the screen so I can print wirelessly?

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 5 of 11 (2,960 Views)

Try doing a Hard Reset as described in the following link.  Click Here  Be sure to keep the printer plugged directly into a wall outlet.  Did the Hard Reset help?

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Honor Student
TechThumb
Message 6 of 11 (2,956 Views)

That didn't work. Is there a customer service number I can call to get the printer replaced?

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 7 of 11 (2,952 Views)

[ Edited ]

I wish that would have worked.  You can contact HP Support at 1.800.474.6836 in the U.S.  Here is a link for  Contact HP Worldwide  for other contact information.  Let me know how it goes.

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Student
amber1597
Message 8 of 11 (2,863 Views)

I have never used this printer before (HP Envy 4500). First time using it. It says it is still initializing and needs plain paper. I have tried putting only 1 piece of paper up to 25. I have tried unplugging it several times. I have tried getting assistance but ended up on hold or didn't get any feedback. No paper james, no anything. It just says to load paper.

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 9 of 11 (2,858 Views)

You might try doing an Ink System Reset.  To do this, remove the ink cartridges.  See this link.  Close the carriage access cover.  Follow the Hard Reset instructions in the following link.  Click Here.  Once the printer powers back up and indicates that one or more of the ink cartridges are missing, re-seat one of them and close the access door until the cartridge registers.  Repeat the process until all cartridges are reseated.  Did this help?

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 10 of 11 (2,238 Views)

Hi folks

Just wondering if the steps suggested solved this issue?

Thanks

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation