Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 460

Hi,

My HP Deskjet 460 printer can't print. I have tried everything. It just can't proceed to the stage where it has to pick the A4 for printing.

Please help.

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @Lesieli , welcome to the forums!

I read about how you are unable to print to your Deskjet 460 Mobile Printer. I will gladly try to help!Smiley Happy

Please try printing a diagnostic page and tell me if the printer will print that out okay. (Instructions below)

Also let me know which OS you're running on your computer that you are trying to print from:

What's my Operating System?

pd.PNG

source

Happy FridaySmiley Happy

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have tried holding down the power button then press resume button 10 times and it still doesn't print. I am using Windows Vista.

Please let me know if there's any other way.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hey there 🙂

Thanks for getting back to me. If the printer will not print out a self test page, this is a sign of a hardware problem, so troubleshooting any software related issues will not help any. What I would suggest next, is trying a power reset and trying the self test page again on the printer. If it does print, we can continue with software troubleshooting if needed however, if the page will not print from the printer itself, I would then suggest giving us a call to see what your printer options are with HP.

Power reset instructions:

Press the Power button to turn on the product.
With the product turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
Wait at least 15 seconds.
Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.

Ensure the printer is plugged in directly to the wall outlet, avoiding power bars and surge protectors. This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help greatly.

As I mentioned, if the self test will not print at all, give us a call:

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Have a great Monday:)

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I just printed out a HP Deskjet 460 Diagnostic Information page and it did print.

But when I try anything else the resume light never go off

HP Recommended

Hi there Lesieli,

Seeing that the test page printed, try Uninstalling the Printer Software fully from your computer, restart the computer and then download and install the driver again for the printer.

You can access the available drivers here: Software & Drivers

Try printing afterwards and let me know what happens. Also let me know which operating system you are installing the printer on, and if you run into any errors include them please. If the resume light continues to be a problem, give us a call for your printer options!Smiley Happy

Good luck!

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I cannot find any HP on my start menu all programs. Even on program unistallment when going to control panel.

But the Resume Light never go off this time.

HP Recommended

My best suggestion at this point would be to give us a call, so we can take a better look into the problem.

See my post above (Message 4) for our contact information: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Issues-Troubleshooting/My-HP-Deskjet-460-won-t-print/m-p/48560...

Have a great day, thank you for posting in the community!

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.