12-23-2013 11:45 AM
Deskjet D4260 acts like it is printing but the pages just come out blank. There is ink that is not the problem. Can someone please help me fix this problem. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit service pack II
01-03-2014 12:44 PM - edited 01-03-2014 12:45 PM
I understand you are receiving blank pages when printing a document from your Deskjet D4260. Please print a "Self Test Page" from this HP document here. If you are receiving defective printouts from the test page, then follow this entire document to try and resolve your issue.
Please inform me your troubleshooting steps.
Looking forward to hear from you.
01-14-2014 11:46 PM
Suppose I also print only blank pages, and try to do the self-test but said test doesn't engage?
Prior info helpful: haven't printed in over a year. Assumed ink was dry so shook it a bit. Levels say low but not empty, still nothing prints on the page.
01-24-2014 07:05 AM
I understand you have a Deskjet D4260 that is printing blank pages. I will certainly do my best to assist you with this.
Even though the printer is registering that there is ink in those cartridges, after a year they would be dried out. If they're in a package it would be a different story, but sitting in a printer for over a year and not being used for anything, even maintenance, they would definitely be dried out. I would suggest getting new cartridges, but if you are determined to get the current cartridges working, you're welcome to try the steps in this Missing Colors in Printout document and you can also manually clean the cartridges by removing them and cleaning the copper contact portion with a lint free cloth and distilled water.
Hope this helps, have a great day!
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!
I work on behalf of HP
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series