My HP Deskjet D4260 Printer prints blank pages (250 Views)
Student
Sponzy
Message 1 of 5 (250 Views)

My HP Deskjet D4260 Printer prints blank pages

Deskjet D4260 acts like it is printing but the pages just come out blank.  There is ink that is not the problem. Can someone please help me fix this problem.  I am running Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit service pack II

HP Support Agent
Cheetah12
Message 2 of 5 (220 Views)

Re: My HP Deskjet D4260 Printer prints blank pages

[ Edited ]

Hello Sponzy.

I understand you are receiving blank pages when printing a document from your Deskjet D4260. Please print a "Self Test Page" from this HP document here. If you are receiving defective printouts from the test page, then follow this entire document to try and resolve your issue.

Please inform me your troubleshooting steps.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
WannaPrint
Message 3 of 5 (194 Views)

Suppose I also print only blank pages, and try to do the self-test but said test doesn't engage? 

Prior info helpful: haven't printed in over a year. Assumed ink was dry so shook it a bit. Levels say low but not empty, still nothing prints on the page. 

Thanks

HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 4 of 5 (178 Views)

Hi WannaPrint,

I understand you have a Deskjet D4260 that is printing blank pages. I will certainly do my best to assist you with this.

Even though the printer is registering that there is ink in those cartridges, after a year they would be dried out. If they're in a package it would be a different story, but sitting in a printer for over a year and not being used for anything, even maintenance, they would definitely be dried out. I would suggest getting new cartridges, but if you are determined to get the current cartridges working, you're welcome to try the steps in this Missing Colors in Printout document and you can also manually clean the cartridges by removing them and cleaning the copper contact portion with a lint free cloth and distilled water.

Hope this helps, have a great day!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, as it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
WannaPrint
Message 5 of 5 (165 Views)

[ Edited ]

I don't see where I can "accept as solution" but I did what you recommended and it worked; thank you! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation