07-22-2012 12:29 PM
I have been having a problem with printing off center and cutting off the right side of my text. I ran alignment but it kept going after an hour. It didn't seem to be doing anything. My printer is only a little over a month old. How can I set it so it doesn't print off center?
09-07-2012 11:25 AM
I had this problem with my new 8100 (the baby brother to the 8600) and it was driving me crazy....my prints were perfect but just off-centre on the page with a 'mystery' 2 inch blank margin down the left size of the page and the print running off the right edge...
I tried everything - and do you know what it was? Somehow a page had gotten balled up inside the printer and was sitting to the right of the print head - completely invisible when you opened the cover!
So, I moved the cartidges to their print head change postion (open cover, wait several seconds for the heads to move) and - there it was...
Anyway, no idea if it solves your problem, but thought I would post - just in case.
11-29-2012 08:35 AM
I had the exact same problem!
Thank You so much for posting this possible issue, I never would have looked to the right of the print head!
01-22-2013 09:49 AM
Ball of paper exactly where you said it would be--I was advised printer was out of warranty and needed to be replaced! It is fine, now. Thank you!!!
06-21-2013 05:55 PM
thank you! i had two pages stuck in there too. however, now i keep getting a message stating that the ink cartridges are defective. can't seem to get around it. it is also stuck on "Aligning Printer ...". help!
06-23-2013 04:48 AM
Normally this means that you have either installed non-genuine or refill cartridges and the printer is having a bit of a fit. The genuine ones on these printers are very cheap and it is probably best to use them instead of refills.
If you are using genuine cartridges, there are lots of tips on the forum about what you might try, but in my experience, I normally only try these 3:
1. Turn off printer, unplug from power, wait for a few minutes, plug in and turn back on. This performs a 'hard reset' on these printers and solves a lot of problems.
2. Remove the cartridges and re-fit them. Use the tool on the computer to help here as it moves the carriage out for you if opening the cover doesn't do it (although it should)
3. Remove the print-head. Search for exactly how, but basically you remove it, refit it and see what happens. (Don't touch any contacts when you take it out!)
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series