Question

Honor Student
Andlett
Message 1 of 3 (136 Views)
Accepted Solution

My HP Photosmart 7510 c311a leaves a white border on all my print outs (seems to be off aim)

Hi.
It seems that the printer is not hitting either the paper or photos when it's printing.
I remember when installing it for the first time, the test picture came out flawless, the second time it seemed off, with a white border at the left side. Printing normal documents with a lot of white anyway haven't bothered me until now when I'm printing marketing flyers covering the whole page and the printing is not centered.

I'd qappreciate supporting solving this matter, beyond measures. :-)

HP Support Agent
Waterboy71
Message 2 of 3 (104 Views)

Re: My HP Photosmart 7510 c311a leaves a white border on all my print outs (seems to be off aim)

Hi Andlett,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

Sorry to hear that you are having issue with printing.  You stated that you are getting a white border around the print out.  Have you checked the paper size settings on the printer as well as on the software you are using?  In order to assist you better, may I please have you respond with the Operating System you are running as well as the program you are attempting to print your photo's from?
Which Windows Operating System am I running?
Mac OS X: How Do I Find Which Mac OS X Version Is on My Computer?

Please respond back at you convenience and I will be happy to help.

Thank you for your time.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Andlett
Message 3 of 3 (100 Views)

Re: My HP Photosmart 7510 c311a leaves a white border on all my print outs (seems to be off aim)

Hi, Waterboy71.

Thanks so much for your support.
Having checked for the printer setting of the paper size, I also went trough some tests on the machine (the text is in Swedish so there are only rough translations: adjust printer & revert changes to original settings), as well as making sure that Adobe Reader was adjusted into fitting the picture onto the paper. After test pringing again, it worked!

However the colors now seems to be off. :-/ I will though try to work this out by myself and if the problem continues, I'll ask for support under a separate topic, making sure this one comes off as a "Accepted as solution".

Thanks a bunch and all the best

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation