Question

Honor Student
ChasR
Message 1 of 4 (683 Views)

My Photosmart 7510 C311a has a borderless printing issue

My new printer leaves a small white margin on the right and bottom sides of a 4x6 print even though I have selected "Borderless Printing" in the Advanced section of Preferences.  I've tried printing from two different applications (Lightroom and Qimage) with the same results.  The printer is managing ICM, and all other aspects of the print are fine. I've also checked the image size to verify that it is cropped to exactly 4x6 aspect ratio. And I've re-loaded the photo paper several times (using HP Advanced paper).  Any other suggestions?  I'm about ready to declare this an internal problem and return the printer, but am hoping not to have to do that.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 4 (674 Views)

Re: My Photosmart 7510 C311a has a borderless printing issue

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I don't use those products but I have no problem with normal Windows print & Photoshop for 4x6 photo papers. Have you tried other software ?

Updated: There is a work around. Save the image and use HP Photo Creations to print. The only problem is we have to do many click and this is the last bit:

borderless.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
ChasR
Message 3 of 4 (658 Views)

Thanks for the suggerstions.  I used HP Photo Creations and it worked, but I also figured out a workaround in Adobe Lightroom that worked, based on what I saw in Photo Creations.  Basically I scaled the image to the actual media size (which is about 4.2 inches by 6.2 inches for a 4x6 print), and, along with maintaining the correct settings in Advanced dialog (including Borderless Printing), I got it to work properly.

I appreciate the help!

Master's Graduate
RocketLife
Message 4 of 4 (640 Views)

Hi Chas.

Glad it worked out. For others reading this, HP Photo Creations is a free download at www.hp.com/go/hppc.

There's a quick video on printing at http://hp.rlproductionnetwork.com/videos.html. Click "Printing at Home." It shows some of the additional options for fitting your photo to the page in HP Photo Creations.

Cheers,

RocketLife

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
» Visit the HP Photo Creations Facebook page — news, tips, and inspiration
» See the HP Photo Creations video tours — cool tips in under 2 minutes
» Contact Customer Support — get answers from the experts
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation