08-15-2012 01:18 PM
2.Operating system:Windows 7
3.There are no error messages.
4.I have installed another printer from a different company afterwards but have made it only a scanner;in any case this Deskjet 890c printer is the default printer.
08-16-2012 05:50 PM
08-21-2012 12:14 PM
12-03-2012 12:04 PM
That's a demo page. That should only print if the printer is in demo mode. This printer shouldn't even have a demo mode. There seems to be a serious glitch in the printer's firmware. With this printer, the only thing you can try doing to clear the glitch is a hard reset. If that doesn't work, I would suggest replacing the printer after your current ink supply runs out. That will save you money on ink costs in the future.
To do a hard reset:
1. Make sure the printer is on.
2. Pull the power cord from the printer.
3. Pull the power cord from the wall.
4. Wait 30 seconds.
5. Plug the printer in and turn it on.
01-08-2013 12:52 PM
Thanks for your reply.I did what you told me to do but the printer still doesn't print what I want it to print;instead it prints now something like an upper black ink line,sometimes completly black and sometimes in jibberish.
What seems strange is that in the beginning the printer printed correctly(what I wanted it to print)and suddenly it started to print this test page and then the upper black ink line.
Knowing this fact,isn't there still a chance to fix it?I ask this question since it's not that from the beginning the printer wasn't good but only in a certain point in time.The printer always reacts when I ask it to print and it has always reacted,which means that there is a connection between the printer and the computer.
Would be grateful for a prompt reply,
01-08-2013 12:55 PM
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series