My printer prints all the time the same page(in my opinion it's not the test page).Deskjet890C (165 Views)
Honor Student
lovak
Message 1 of 8 (165 Views)

My printer prints all the time the same page(in my opinion it's not the test page).Deskjet890C

1.Product model:smileyvery-happy:eskjet890C

2.Operating system:Windows 7

3.There are no error messages.

4.I have installed another printer from a different company afterwards but have made it only a scanner;in any case this Deskjet 890c printer is the default printer.

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 8 (153 Views)

Re: My printer prints all the time the same page(in my opinion it's not the test page).Deskjet890C

Could you post a copy of the page that keeps printing?  

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
lovak
Message 3 of 8 (146 Views)

Re: My printer prints all the time the same page(in my opinion it's not the test page).Deskjet890C

Hi Shane,

Thanks for your reply but how do I attach here(in my reply to you)a copy of this page?

lovak

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 4 of 8 (134 Views)

Above the box you type your reply in you will see a symbole that looks like a picture of a tree.  Click that and it will let you post images.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
lovak
Message 5 of 8 (121 Views)

A page sample

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 6 of 8 (111 Views)

That's a demo page.  That should only print if the printer is in demo mode.  This printer shouldn't even have a demo mode.  There seems to be a serious glitch in the printer's firmware.  With this printer, the only thing you can try doing to clear the glitch is a hard reset.  If that doesn't work, I would suggest replacing the printer after your current ink supply runs out.   That will save you money on ink costs in the future.  

To do a hard reset:
1. Make sure the printer is on.
2. Pull the power cord from the printer.
3. Pull the power cord from the wall.
4. Wait 30 seconds.
5. Plug the printer in and turn it on.

Signature
Honor Student
lovak
Message 7 of 8 (100 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.I did what you told me to do but the printer still doesn't print what I want it to print;instead it prints now something like an upper black ink line,sometimes completly black and sometimes in jibberish.

What seems strange is that in the beginning the printer printed correctly(what I wanted it to print)and suddenly it started to print this test page and then the upper black ink line.

Knowing this fact,isn't there still a chance to fix it?I ask this question since it's not that from the beginning the printer wasn't good but only in a certain point in time.The printer always reacts when I ask it to print and it has always reacted,which means that there is a connection between the printer and the computer.

Would be grateful for a prompt reply,

Daniel

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 8 of 8 (98 Views)

I'm sorry, but that was the last thing to try.  If that's not working, you will need to replace the printer.  Sorry.

Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation