01-22-2014 10:11 AM
... and here are the scan_ files (there seems to be a limit of 5 attachments per post?).
Note that the format 0 samples appear twice the size of the equivalent format 20 samples; this is because the latter specifiy a 600 dots-per-inch resolution, whilst the former assumes the default 300 dots-per-inch resolution.
01-22-2014 01:00 PM
>there seems to be a limit of 5 attachments per post?
Here is where zipping them up into one file would help. :-)
01-29-2014 05:55 AM
Did the results of my tests with various types of soft font (on LJ M475) reassure you at all?
I agree that zipping the files would have allowed all the files to be added in one go.
But the first five files were very small (so no real size advantage in zipping), and I'd already added them when I found that I couldn't add any more.
... and placing files in a .zip adds an extra step for subsequent readers, which may put sometimes put them off looking at the files.
01-29-2014 01:40 PM
>and placing files in a .zip adds an extra step for subsequent readers
I suppose that's a concern if you only want a few of those files but if you want all, putting them in a container seems more helpful.
02-04-2014 03:58 PM
yes, and thanks. Sorry, got busy and couldn't reply for a while.
It sounds like the Pro series are going to be a safe option. I'm still trying to get answers on the smaller/lower line printers that include PCL5 in their descriptions... the customers really would prefer to put a < $150 printer at a low volume office, so long as it will work. I like happy customers who we were able to save money for.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series