Question
Need PCL5 font lists and confirmed bitmap soft font support for current Laserjet printers
Replies (14)

Associate Professor
Message 11 of 15 (1,305 Views)

Re: Need PCL5 font lists and confirmed bitmap soft font support for current Laserjet printers

... and here are the scan_ files (there seems to be a limit of 5 attachments per post?).

Note that the format 0 samples appear twice the size of the equivalent format 20 samples; this is because the latter specifiy a 600 dots-per-inch resolution, whilst the former assumes the default 300 dots-per-inch resolution.

Master's Graduate
Message 12 of 15 (1,279 Views)

Re: Need PCL5 font lists and confirmed bitmap soft font support for current Laserjet printers

>there seems to be a limit of 5 attachments per post?

Here is where zipping them up into one file would help.  :-)

Associate Professor
Message 13 of 15 (1,236 Views)

@Richard

Did the results of my tests with various types of soft font (on LJ M475) reassure you at all?

@Dennis

I agree that zipping the files would have allowed all the files to be added in one go.

But the first five files were very small (so no real size advantage in zipping), and I'd already added them when I found that I couldn't add any more.

... and placing files in a .zip adds an extra step for subsequent readers, which may put sometimes put them off looking at the files.

Master's Graduate
Message 14 of 15 (1,216 Views)

>and placing files in a .zip adds an extra step for subsequent readers

I suppose that's a concern if you only want a few of those files but if you want all, putting them in a container seems more helpful.

Highlighted
Tutor
Message 15 of 15 (1,201 Views)

Chris H,

yes, and thanks.  Sorry, got busy and couldn't reply for a while.

It sounds like the Pro series are going to be a safe option.  I'm still trying to get answers on the smaller/lower line printers that include PCL5 in their descriptions... the customers really would prefer to put a < $150 printer at a low volume office, so long as it will work.  I like happy customers who we were able to save money for.

Rich

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation