Question

Honor Student
scottyb1001
Message 1 of 4 (793 Views)

Networked LaserJet P3015 long delay before print job starts

Windows 7 64bit

LaserJet P3015

Shared Printer

Boxes are identical Gateway, each with 6G Ram and tons of HD space.

Installed new P3015 printer on Box 1 via USB. Prints fast from Box 1. Print button is pressed, printer spins up and prints fast.

Shared printer.

Box 2 recognizes shared printer and installs drivers in normal amount of time.

Print job from Box 2 started and system hangs, nothing from printer. Between 15-45 seconds then printer finally spins up and prints.

This issue arrived with the new printer. Old printer died, but didnt have this lag issue. Any help greatly appreciated. Let me know if any further information is needed.

Thanks for the support forum!

Scott

Honor Student
scottyb1001
Message 2 of 4 (789 Views)

Re: Networked LaserJet P3015 long delay before print job starts

[ Edited ]

Another note. I have another printer shared on network. Sent a 2 page print job to second printer and started right away. Sent same job to HP P3015 printer and it hung for about 30 seconds before starting. No delay between pages though. Once print job finally begins it's fine.

So I am assuming setting on printer? Spool setting on printer? I looked through printer setting and didn't really see anything related.
Again thanks for reading.

Honor Student
scottyb1001
Message 3 of 4 (766 Views)

Anyone?

Student
jjgaudet
Message 4 of 4 (752 Views)

Also have this identical problem.  Lag until print starts then everything is OK printer works well, but lag is frustrating.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation