08-23-2012 05:31 PM
Windows 7 64bit
Boxes are identical Gateway, each with 6G Ram and tons of HD space.
Installed new P3015 printer on Box 1 via USB. Prints fast from Box 1. Print button is pressed, printer spins up and prints fast.
Box 2 recognizes shared printer and installs drivers in normal amount of time.
Print job from Box 2 started and system hangs, nothing from printer. Between 15-45 seconds then printer finally spins up and prints.
This issue arrived with the new printer. Old printer died, but didnt have this lag issue. Any help greatly appreciated. Let me know if any further information is needed.
Thanks for the support forum!
08-23-2012 05:44 PM - edited 08-23-2012 05:46 PM
Another note. I have another printer shared on network. Sent a 2 page print job to second printer and started right away. Sent same job to HP P3015 printer and it hung for about 30 seconds before starting. No delay between pages though. Once print job finally begins it's fine.
So I am assuming setting on printer? Spool setting on printer? I looked through printer setting and didn't really see anything related.
Again thanks for reading.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)