Question
Student
Message 1 of 4 (569 Views)
Accepted Solution

New PhotoSmart 7510 not printing properly

I have a new 7510, replacing an older PhotoSmart.  I am having 2 printing issues.  First - When printing an email both the top and bottom headings are cut off, printing off the page.  Is there a setting I can adjust to solve this? 

Secondly - when I print photos I am getting a small thin strip of white at the top of each photo.  I have borderless printing selected in Picasa and also in the printer settings.  I am an avid scrapbooker need full sized 4 by 6 photos to print.

I have never had these either one of these issues with my old printer.  I hope someone has solutions for me.  Thank you. 

Accepted Solution

Re: New PhotoSmart 7510 not printing properly

Hi shiftee,

Follow the troubleshooting steps in the document below, and let me know what you find out?

Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 4 (555 Views)

Hi kgiii,

Check out the following documents below.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01672454

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02948596

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (480 Views)

i also have a new 7510 - the photographic print output was OK but not great for the first few weeks but now it is striping terribly. i have tried everything from cleaning the printheads to realignments.

i have always had at least three printers at any given time on the go in my print studio - from canon to lexmark to hp but i have never seen anything like this. i know more about photoprinters and how they operate than the average person but i cannot get this one to work properly.

it is getting steadily worse and i am thinking of going back to canon which i did not want to do. i have tried the internet for answers and also hp but all i get is tests for the scanner etc - nothing related to my needs at all.

disappointed - very disappointed

Provost
Message 4 of 4 (471 Views)

Hi shiftee,

Follow the troubleshooting steps in the document below, and let me know what you find out?

Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation