Question

Student
kgiii
Message 1 of 4 (467 Views)
Accepted Solution

New PhotoSmart 7510 not printing properly

I have a new 7510, replacing an older PhotoSmart.  I am having 2 printing issues.  First - When printing an email both the top and bottom headings are cut off, printing off the page.  Is there a setting I can adjust to solve this? 

Secondly - when I print photos I am getting a small thin strip of white at the top of each photo.  I have borderless printing selected in Picasa and also in the printer settings.  I am an avid scrapbooker need full sized 4 by 6 photos to print.

I have never had these either one of these issues with my old printer.  I hope someone has solutions for me.  Thank you. 

Provost
pcwizard
Message 2 of 4 (453 Views)

Re: New PhotoSmart 7510 not printing properly

Hi kgiii,

Check out the following documents below.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01672454

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02948596

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Student
shiftee
Message 3 of 4 (378 Views)

i also have a new 7510 - the photographic print output was OK but not great for the first few weeks but now it is striping terribly. i have tried everything from cleaning the printheads to realignments.

i have always had at least three printers at any given time on the go in my print studio - from canon to lexmark to hp but i have never seen anything like this. i know more about photoprinters and how they operate than the average person but i cannot get this one to work properly.

it is getting steadily worse and i am thinking of going back to canon which i did not want to do. i have tried the internet for answers and also hp but all i get is tests for the scanner etc - nothing related to my needs at all.

disappointed - very disappointed

Provost
pcwizard
Message 4 of 4 (369 Views)

Hi shiftee,

Follow the troubleshooting steps in the document below, and let me know what you find out?

Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation