02-26-2012 05:21 PM
hp Photosmart 7350
Worked perfectly yesterday, but today all attempts to print fail. The report panel shows
Document Name "Document", Status "Error - Printing"
Rebooted computer and unplugged and replugged printer.
02-27-2012 03:06 PM
Further testing: (1) reloaded driver (for W7 it's the Deskjet 5550)
(2) unplugged and replugged everything
Looking at the Control Panel Devices and Printers, error occurs as soon as Print command is issued, even when printer is unplugged.
I really depend on this lovely printer, and it worked perfectly until 2 days ago.
02-28-2012 01:15 PM
I'm afraid the printer is DEAD. I installed the driver on a new laptop and got the same error response and no printing.
I guess it's the interface since it prints well from an SD photo card.
Anyone with other suggetions please let me know before the printer goes to the recycling center.
02-28-2012 02:10 PM
Hi, Fredhon sorry that you are having this issue,
Have you try the HP Print Diagnostic Utility; http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docnam
04-02-2014 10:33 AM
I have an HP deskjet 6988 printer and after a paper jam will not print. there is a lighted picture on the panel of a printer with a guy with his finger on his lips like shushing the printer and then when i try to print it says there is a printing error
04-03-2014 07:47 AM
I see you are having some issues printing from your HP Printers.
@mulegirl- I am looking at the front panel of your deskjet 6988, can you please let me know which of these lights are flashing. See image below:
I would like you to start here: 'Paper Jam' Message Displays on the Computer, I know you had a paper jam, I would like you to complete all steps listed here.
@LorraineC - I see your HP Officejet 4500 wireless is not printing, do you get any error messages when you try to print or does it just sit there idle, does it act like it is going to print and doesnt?
I would like you to run the HP Print and Scan Doctor- It was designed by HP to provide users with the troubleshooting and problem solving features needed to resolve many common problems experienced with HP print and scan products connected to Windows-based computers.
Also let me know the current Operating system that you are running?
Please let me know the outcome as well as the requested information so if we need to continue troubleshooting we can.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series