Question

Top Student
fredhon
Message 1 of 7 (8,373 Views)

No printing, Error message "error - printing"

hp Photosmart 7350

Worked perfectly yesterday, but today all attempts to print fail. The report panel shows

Document Name "Document", Status "Error - Printing"

Rebooted computer and unplugged and replugged printer.

What next?

(TIA)

Top Student
fredhon
Message 2 of 7 (8,349 Views)

Re: No printing, Error message "error - printing"

Further testing:  (1) reloaded driver (for W7 it's the Deskjet 5550)

(2) unplugged and replugged everything

Result:

Looking at the Control Panel Devices and Printers, error occurs as soon as Print command is issued, even when printer is unplugged.

I really depend on this lovely printer, and it worked perfectly until 2 days ago.

Please help.

Top Student
fredhon
Message 3 of 7 (8,337 Views)

I'm afraid the printer is DEAD. I installed the driver on a new laptop and got the same error response and no printing.

I guess it's the interface since it prints well from an SD photo card.

Anyone with other suggetions please let me know before the printer goes to the recycling center.

Professor
RobertoR
Message 4 of 7 (8,332 Views)

Hi, Fredhon sorry that you are having this issue,

Have you try the HP Print Diagnostic Utility;  http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02072599&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en hopes it helps. 

Cheers; 

RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :smileyvery-happy:
Student
mulegirl
Message 5 of 7 (3,928 Views)

I have an HP deskjet 6988 printer and after a paper jam will not print.  there is a lighted picture on the panel of a printer with a guy with his finger on his lips like shushing the printer and then when i try to print it says there is a printing error

Student
LorraineC
Message 6 of 7 (3,916 Views)

4500 Wireless printer - won't print.

All connections good.

What else is wrong?

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 7 of 7 (3,883 Views)

Hi Folks,

I see you are having some issues printing from your HP Printers.

@mulegirl- I am looking at the front panel of your deskjet 6988, can you please let me know which of these lights are flashing. See image below:

c02654710.gif

I would like you to start here: 'Paper Jam' Message Displays on the Computer, I know you had a paper jam, I would like you to complete all steps listed here.

@LorraineC - I see your HP Officejet 4500 wireless is not printing, do you get any error messages when you try to print or does it just sit there idle, does it act like it is going to print and doesnt?

I would like you to run the HP Print and Scan Doctor- It was designed by HP to provide users with the troubleshooting and problem solving features needed to resolve many common problems experienced with HP print and scan products connected to Windows-based computers.

Also let me know the current Operating system that you are running?

Please let me know the outcome as well as the requested information so if we need to continue troubleshooting we can.

Thanks,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation