08-25-2014 10:56 AM
I am trying to follow instructions to calibrate printing as color printing is "off" (ghost effect) and this is recommended in the "Resolving Print Quality Issues" document. However, I cannot calibrate because there is no "toolbox" in the program files. Also tried double-clicking the printer icon as suggested somewhere else-- this did not lead to finding a toolbox. It did lead to several menus for printer options, but nothing to calibrate.
We have Windows 7.
Any one know other ways to access the toolbox? or how to get it?
08-27-2014 07:59 AM
I see that you would like to calibrate the printer and you are using Windows 7. I can help you.
I checked the website for the software for this printer, there is a Basic Driver and the Full Feature Software.
I believe the Full Feature Software should provide the tools to run the printer's calibration.
Which driver do you have installed?
Here is a link to the Full Feature Software, if you are using the Basic Driver. Download, save and run this newest software. HP Color LaserJet Full Feature Software and Drivers.
If you still don't have the option for the Toolbox, I would suggest downloading Print and Scan Doctor. Find and fix common printer problems using HP diagnostic tools for Windows? You might have the option across the top, in one of the menus to run a diagnostics test, possibly cleaning and calibrating of the printer.
Try the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows. Step three: Resolve diagnosed problems information.
Please let me know how you made out.
Have a nice day!
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I work on behalf of HP
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series