Question

Student
cherylanne
Message 1 of 2 (56 Views)

No toolbox found for HP Color Laserjet CP1215

I am trying to follow instructions to calibrate printing as color printing is "off" (ghost effect) and this is recommended in the "Resolving Print Quality Issues" document.  However, I cannot calibrate because there is no "toolbox"  in the program files.  Also tried double-clicking the printer icon as suggested somewhere else-- this did not lead to finding a toolbox.  It did lead to several menus for printer options, but nothing to calibrate. 

We have Windows 7.

Any one know other ways to access the toolbox? or how to get it?

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 2 of 2 (37 Views)

Re: No toolbox found for HP Color Laserjet CP1215

Hi @cherylanne, 

I see that you would like to calibrate the printer and you are using Windows 7. I can help you.

I checked the website for the software for this printer, there is a Basic Driver and the Full Feature Software.

I believe the Full Feature Software should provide the tools to run the printer's calibration.

Which driver do you have installed?

Here is a link to the Full Feature Software, if you are using the Basic Driver. Download, save and run this newest software. HP Color LaserJet Full Feature Software and Drivers.

If you still don't have the option for the Toolbox, I would suggest downloading Print and Scan Doctor. Find and fix common printer problems using HP diagnostic tools for Windows? You might have the option across the top, in one of the menus to run a diagnostics test, possibly cleaning and calibrating of the printer.

Try the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows. Step three: Resolve diagnosed problems information.

Please let me know how you made out.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation