03-30-2014 03:27 PM
I have a hp psc 1315 all-in-one printer that is hooked up to a MAC 10.6.8. I tried installing a scanner and now the printer won't work. I removed the scanner. I checked the USB, did a disk repair, repowered, cleared the que. When I deleted and reinstalled the software--it said some software is missing and it may not print. I used the CD first, then I used the online download. I got the same message--some software is missing.
What to do?
04-01-2014 01:52 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I see you are having problems installing the HP PSC 1315, I would like you to go ahead and follow the steps listed below for the manual uninstall, please bear with me it may seem overwhelming but I will make this as easy as possible and do not be alarmed if you are unable to find one of the files or folders on the Mac.
Move the files and/or folders to the trash, drag and drop
- Macintosh HD/Applications//Hewlett-Packard folder
- Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/ - delete all files and folders regarding HP/Hewlett Packard
- In Macintosh HD/Library/Caches - delete all files and folders regarding HP/Hewlett Packard
- Macintosh HD/Library/Documentation/Help/ - delete all files and folders regarding HP/Hewlett Packard
- Macintosh HD/Library/Frameworks/HPServicesInterface.framework
- Macintosh HD/Library/Frameworks/HPSmartX.framework
- Macintosh HD/Library/Image Capture/TWAIN Data Sources/HP Scan Pro
- In Macintosh HD/Library/Image Capture/Scripts - delete all files and folders regarding HP/Hewlett Packard
- In Macintosh HD/Library/Preferences - delete all files and folders regarding HP/Hewlett Packard
Move Macintosh HD/Library/Preferences/loginwindow.plist to the desktop. NOTE: Not removing the file loginwindow.plist during the manual uninstall could cause the uninstall to be unsuccessful.
- In Macintosh HD/Library/Printer/hp - delete folder
- In Macintosh HD/Library/StartupItems, drag the following folders to the trash, HP IO and HP Trap Monitor
- In Macintosh HD/Users/USERNAME (this should have a symbol of a house next to it)/Library/Preferences, drag the following folders to the trash: *Any files beginning with com.apple.print, *Any files beginning with com.hp, *Any files beginning with Hewlett-Packard, *Any files beginning with HP or hp
- In MacintoshHD/Users/USERNAME/Library/Printers, drag any All-in-One printers listed here into the trash.
- Drag the HP icons from the Dock and drop it on an empty space on the desktop. The icon will disappear.
Close all open windows. Restart. Empty the Trash. After logging in, Repair Disk Permissions
- On the Dock, click Applications, and then click Utilities.
- Double-click Disk Utility.
- Highlight your hard drive/partition on the left (by default this is "Macintosh HD").
- Click the Repair Disk Permissions button at the bottom of the window.
- Once the repair is complete, restart the computer .
- Restart the computer.
Now let's go ahead and install the software and drivers for Mac 10.6: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloa
You should now have the full functions of your PSC 1315, once you are installed you can now delete the loginwindow.plist from the desktop.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series